Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Under pressure.....

I am probably dating myself, but do you remember when Queen and David Bowie colloborated on the song, "Under Pressure"?! Well, this tune comes to mind when I think of all the projects that I have on my plate right now.....

What was I thinking?!!!!!!!

Project #1: I am working on this month's Doll Quilt Swap due in mid August, of course.


I wasn't sure about it but it is growing on me now. (I can show it since my assigned partner doesn't know who her partner is and I don't think that she reads my blog).

Project #2: Who could resist a cupcake swap?!!!! Sharon is hosting this doozy of a swap!!!
Just started my projects for this one! Due August 18th!

Breathe!!!! The pressure!!!!

Project #3: Since I wasn't sure about my first attempt at the Doll Quilt Swap, I started this project...

kinda cute, but I think I will go back to the first one and save this for later (another UFO... sigh!).

Project #4: At the time of Bernie's malfunction, I was working on a replica of Teenager with Lots of Stuff's bag.Now that Bernie is in tiptop shape, I was able to finish it yesterday.
Looks pretty good.
I was able to include a zippered pocket and magnetic snap.
At least one project is completed!!! Pressure off!!!


Project #5: The zigzag quilt is for a gift. Top is done...
back is done too. Now to sandwich, quilt, bind and label. Due soon!!!

Phew!!!! The pressure!!!!

What was I thinking?!!!!


Project #6: I am participating in this month's 6"-12"mini quilt trading swap...
but I know that Helen reads my blog so that is about all you will see of it until it is safely 'down under'. Due the end of July, I think (deadlines are getting confusing).

Project #7: And not to be completely focused on projects with deadlines,
I read through this great book recently and washed up some knit fabric. It is still lying on the living room floor.

The pressure to get the other projects done so I can make some new shirts!!!!


Project #8: While Bernie was away, I looked through this book that I borrowed from the library...
and drafted a basic skirt pattern which I have cut out of muslin. Maybe I will have one to wear by next summer!!!

Enough pressure!!!

Messy Marvin picked up some odds and ends that he has collected and put this guy, Willy together....
...while Sloppy Sister has branched out...
and I am not talking about other crafts... (this is all what I found when I got up at 4:30 AM today to get ready for the gym)...
She is like the tasmanian devil of cartoon fame...

who buzzes through really quickly and leaves a mess where ever it has been...
ARGH!!!! No pressure there... just .....sigh!

Now back to the sewing room... to my projects ... I think I sometimes work better .... UNDER PRESSURE!!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you are a sewing MACHINE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I am feeling the same about the pressure...but sometimes that is the only way that I finish anything...now that is a "hard habit to break" Love the tote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl didn't anyone tell you summer is supposed to be "pressure" free?lol. I too am having the same problem. I guess we both won't have a problem of something to work on, on Sunday?! I have the skirt book too and have had a muslin made for about two months well at least skirts are a year round item.hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm feeling under pressure just reading your blog entry for today!
    My goodness you have a lot going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lOve the bags...especially the pink polka dot one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bag. Great stamina! You keep going like the Energizer Bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. goodness, and i thought i had it bad! it does seem like a lot of stuff is due end of july, doesnt it???
    take deep breaths!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean - TOO MANY THINGS TO DO!!! You're doing well to be ticking things off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa! No pressure for our swap though! You are swamped under! I was on a roll today and got your mini quilt top finished. Now how long is the binding going to take..... 3 weeks? LOL We'll get there!

    ReplyDelete