Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Moving Right Along....

It has been another busy day in Upstate. I ran for 50 minutes early this morning, got the kids off to school, did some grocery shopping, did some landlording and then got down to the real business at hand....

I decided to use this book to make some end-of-the-year gifts for teachers and school nurses. I chose the Waldorf model on page 58 and am modeling my first apron...
It is not such a great photo... busy shirt with busy apron, droopy eyes (getting near my bedtime!) but you get the idea. Just so you know... I am dressed!!!! I am wearing a short skirt underneath!

Easy to follow directions with the exception of the couple of minutes I pondered how to position the bias tape on the edges. That took the longest time... pinning the tape all around. But it went together quickly and I have at least 4 more to get done in a week! YIKES!!!!

Yesterday, I showed you the back of my quiltie for Lisa in the 6"-12" mini quilt trading swap. Here is the front...
My inspiration comes from Quilters Playtime by Dianne S. Hire. A great book! I was thinking about buying it when I discovered one of my fellow guild members selling it for $5 at our annual garage sale!!! What a find!

I also managed to whip up a little extra with some of the linen and scraps from the quiltie....

a zipper pouch embellished with some primitive free motion quilting.

The back.

And the inside...
I also managed to do some more baking today!!!!

and I splurged on some blueberries today...
but alas! I am blue!!!!!! (cuz I ate them all!)

Hey, my blog was just added to Niki's list of Just Us Quilters! Take a peek!!!!

10 comments:

  1. Love the mini. I just bought the apron book, too! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful little quilt and the zipper bag looks awesome!!! Can't wait to get them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great apron - that book looks really great, I will have to look out for it. Your quilt and matching zippered pouch are lovely - great colours!I am really into using linen myself lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeee you are so tiny!! cute apron! i saw the book and just wasnt excited enough to buy it!
    the little pouch is super cute. great job on the little stitching! great now i have another book i need to get, it looks really yummy. and how great that you got it for a steal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thats what you look like, pleased to meet you :-) Lovely apron, I've been thinking of what to do Milo's teacher but and Apron wouldn't fit!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Lisa,
    Love the apron and a great way to put a face to a name. You are always on the go - a true inspiration. Love,
    Cheryl, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little quilt Lisa I have been looking forward to seeing it and it does not disappoint! Nice teacher gift!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great little quilt and love that zipper bag with the quilting. Teachers will love the aprons. And it's nice you modeled so now we can see who we're chatting with. You tiny thing you!!! Your one of those bloggers who make me look like an Amazon. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you've been busy! Go girl! Here it's been like 113 degrees. Hard to get motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love aprons and your mini quilt is great!

    ReplyDelete