Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Moving Right Along....

It has been another busy day in Upstate. I ran for 50 minutes early this morning, got the kids off to school, did some grocery shopping, did some landlording and then got down to the real business at hand....

I decided to use this book to make some end-of-the-year gifts for teachers and school nurses. I chose the Waldorf model on page 58 and am modeling my first apron...
It is not such a great photo... busy shirt with busy apron, droopy eyes (getting near my bedtime!) but you get the idea. Just so you know... I am dressed!!!! I am wearing a short skirt underneath!

Easy to follow directions with the exception of the couple of minutes I pondered how to position the bias tape on the edges. That took the longest time... pinning the tape all around. But it went together quickly and I have at least 4 more to get done in a week! YIKES!!!!

Yesterday, I showed you the back of my quiltie for Lisa in the 6"-12" mini quilt trading swap. Here is the front...
My inspiration comes from Quilters Playtime by Dianne S. Hire. A great book! I was thinking about buying it when I discovered one of my fellow guild members selling it for $5 at our annual garage sale!!! What a find!

I also managed to whip up a little extra with some of the linen and scraps from the quiltie....

a zipper pouch embellished with some primitive free motion quilting.

The back.

And the inside...
I also managed to do some more baking today!!!!

and I splurged on some blueberries today...
but alas! I am blue!!!!!! (cuz I ate them all!)

Hey, my blog was just added to Niki's list of Just Us Quilters! Take a peek!!!!