Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cough, cough, sputter, sputter

Naw... it isn't me that is sick (although Teenager with Lots of Stuff has been coughing and sneezing all over the place).


I think Bernie has a bobbin bug!!!!
Remember the other day, my swimmingly summer day? I was having problems with the finishing topstitching for the bag I was making for the Teenager with Lots of Stuff.


I was thinking it was just that bag! Here is some other quilting I am doing...looks good on the front...
but OY! what a mess on the back! I can almost hear Bernie's bobbin begin to sputter.
Then, I wondered if it was only when I used the walking foot...
but alas... it happens when I am just stitching two layers of fabric together with my 1/4 " foot too.


I have emailed photos to the 'tech' at the shop where I have had my machine serviced before to see if they have any ideas. Otherwise, Bernie will be headed for some bobbin rehab.

But before the bug got really nasty, I gave the 6"-12" mini quilt trading swap another try ...
and this 'beauty' came out the way it is supposed to look!

Got a little package of goodies that I ordered from Over the Rainbow the other day... some fabric..
and a pattern that I had seen in a LQS but only in a $45 kit (I just wanted the pattern).
For the next few days, I will be computerless a good portion of the day (yikes! How will I survive?!!). Sloppy Sister is attending a 3- day day camp for children with type 1 diabetes which is located about a 1/2 hour highway drive away. She told me that it is the best camp!!!

So, in the interest of conserving gas and travel time, Messy Marvin and I usually hang out at my MIL's, which is about 1/2 way in between home and camp, after we drop Sloppy off until she needs to be picked up. (Teenager with Lots of Stuff works as a barista at a local coffee shop). Marvin likes to play with Grandma's cats (and watch her t.v. with her many, many channels that we don't have... poor, deprived Marvin!) and I usually bring a project or games or a book to keep me busy.

Have a good week!!!! And stay well!!!

5 comments:

  1. Have a nice time. Sorry about the machine don't you just hate it when machines don't work correctly!! Hope the camp goes well and just between you and I, I also love LOTS & LOTS of channels!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the bobbin bug. The mini looks fabulous. Love that. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you have a lovely time and your machine gets fixed soon
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete