Sunday, May 18, 2008

Move Over Bernie.....

.......(Bernie being my Bernina Virtuosa 150 Quilter's Edition)...

Make room for Jenny!!!!!

(my new Janome MyLock 634D).

Side-by-side...


I got the machine threaded and I have been playing with it a bit. I am so nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My block is done and I will send it off in the mail tomorrow to my swap partner (who I hope isn't reading this post!!!)
It measures a little over 6 inches.

Yesterday, my youngest and I went to the mall to shop for some unmentionables and we decided to have some fun trying on clothes too. She asked me not to post the photos of her trying on clothing at one shop
but with the funky music playing in the background and watching her dancing in these slightly over sized clothing, it was so fun!!!!!

Then we stopped for a treat...
a slushy!

I think that I have mentioned before that Messy Marvin is also 'Nature Boy'. He nabbed a mole in the yard....

EEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't touch nature!!!!
Can you believe that this is my 91st post all ready?! I hear a giveaway in my future!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Have fun with your serger!

    my son caught a mole in our backyard - the pic is in my flickr photostream somewhere. They are so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky girl...2 great machines! Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new machine! Love your little swap quilt. Nice work! I'm excited about joining in next month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little quilt is darling. I am trying to come up with ideas for my summer quilt swap and had something similar in my head. Yours is better though! How fun with your girl. I bet days like that make it great being a mother, as opposed to the cranky days. And...a MOLE? Oh my. Why did I somehow think moles were only in children's stories and animated talking animal movies. How crazy. Have fun with the machine! Love Stacy
    p.s. which swap were you in for the tiny quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh -- that new serger looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. now, if you don't want your bernie anymore, I'd be happy to take it off your hands : ) Have fun with the new serger and congrats for getting it out of the box : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bernie and Jenny look like they are great friends already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little house is so sweet! I really like the striped sun. Have you posted 87 times this year? You are the energiser bunny! Don't you just love your bernina?!! She's my best friend (a little sad I know but what the heck). I'm with Stacey how cool to have a mole in your garden! And I'd also like to know about the swap :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sewing room looks gorgeous... All of that fabric lined up on the back wall, you sure are one organised lady...
    Can't wait to see some of the sewing you do with the over locker..

    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am drooling--both your machines look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete