Friday, May 16, 2008

Tag! I am it! (and other tidbits)

Lindabee has tagged me, so I will play along!

The rules of the game are posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people, posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.


Okay, seems easy enough, so I will give it a go.


1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Well, 10 years ago, our family of 4, at the time, was living in a little boro, on the edge of Pittsburgh PA, called Oakmont. A really cute little place but far from our family. I was working under contract as a speech language pathologist traveling to little kiddies' homes and taking care of my two young 'uns. Not much time for sewing, unfortunately.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
Well, the day is almost over but I did have a mental list of things to do....
a. go to the gym and work out early... Check!!! I actually arrived at the gym at 5:30 AM and ran 5.8 miles in 60 minutes!
b. put the trash cans away at the apt. bldg... Check!!! Garbage pick up is early.
c. 'date' with my son...Check!!! A series of unfortunate circumstances (okay we didn't hand in our money on time and he couldn't go on a field trip to the Bronx Zoo with the 6th grade class) and so I promised him a date. We went out for lunch, visited Barnes and Noble, and saw The Ironman (pretty good!).
d. relax... Check!!! We watched Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason.
e. meet my friend, Kathi, back at the gym at 4:00 PM to take a Body Combat class... Check!!!
f. take the serger out of the box...not check!!!! Yikes!!!
I ran out of time!

But I have thread for when I do have time!!!!!!!


3. Snacks I enjoy:
Well, I love to snack so it is a tough choice... healthy or unhealthy??? I looooove to eat blueberries! but I also have a particular fondness for ice cream too (maybe that is why I visit the gym so often!)

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Not that there is much chance of it happening, but one never knows... I would probably put lots away to start. Probably make some improvements to our house, maybe a swimming pool (?) or a cabin in the mountains, pay for my kids to go to college (oy!).

Somehow....
Lindabee didn't have a #5

6. Peeps I want to know more about: Well, I don't want anyone to feel obligated to participate... so how about, if you want to play, just leave me a comment so I can peek at your blog!


And I also have to tell you that I was stretching the truth the other day when I said that I don't buy books. Sorry!!!!

I have been thinking of end-of-the-year gifts for the two wonderful nurses in our elementary school that have been a great part of our lives, particularly for our figure skater, Sloppy Sister. They have kept an eye on her during the day and made those challenges with type 1 diabetes that much easier. Next year, she will be in the intermediate school building. I also have to thank her teacher and guidance counselor for their wonderfulness.

So... I saw this today at the book store and thought... AHA!!!
Also, the woman at the sewing machine store recommended this book so I looked for it yesterday at Joann's with my 40% off coupon but it wasn't there.
So today, I bidded(is that a word?) on eBay, and won it for $8 plus s/h.

And just to finish off the post... some wildflowers (?) in our yard..

...and I have been admiring a bush in a neighbor's yard, so after getting my youngest on the school bus this morning, I snapped some shots..

close up....
Have a great weekend!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the apron book - an apron sounds like a perfect gift for the school nurses.

    Hope you get some time tomorrow to thread up your serger and start playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that apron book looks adorable! I'll have to check it out the next time I'm at the bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always need to lie down for a while after seeing how much you fit into a day and how much exercise you do ... so I'm going to go and do that right now!

    ReplyDelete