Friday, May 16, 2008

Tag! I am it! (and other tidbits)

Lindabee has tagged me, so I will play along!

The rules of the game are posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people, posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.


Okay, seems easy enough, so I will give it a go.


1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Well, 10 years ago, our family of 4, at the time, was living in a little boro, on the edge of Pittsburgh PA, called Oakmont. A really cute little place but far from our family. I was working under contract as a speech language pathologist traveling to little kiddies' homes and taking care of my two young 'uns. Not much time for sewing, unfortunately.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
Well, the day is almost over but I did have a mental list of things to do....
a. go to the gym and work out early... Check!!! I actually arrived at the gym at 5:30 AM and ran 5.8 miles in 60 minutes!
b. put the trash cans away at the apt. bldg... Check!!! Garbage pick up is early.
c. 'date' with my son...Check!!! A series of unfortunate circumstances (okay we didn't hand in our money on time and he couldn't go on a field trip to the Bronx Zoo with the 6th grade class) and so I promised him a date. We went out for lunch, visited Barnes and Noble, and saw The Ironman (pretty good!).
d. relax... Check!!! We watched Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason.
e. meet my friend, Kathi, back at the gym at 4:00 PM to take a Body Combat class... Check!!!
f. take the serger out of the box...not check!!!! Yikes!!!
I ran out of time!

But I have thread for when I do have time!!!!!!!


3. Snacks I enjoy:
Well, I love to snack so it is a tough choice... healthy or unhealthy??? I looooove to eat blueberries! but I also have a particular fondness for ice cream too (maybe that is why I visit the gym so often!)

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Not that there is much chance of it happening, but one never knows... I would probably put lots away to start. Probably make some improvements to our house, maybe a swimming pool (?) or a cabin in the mountains, pay for my kids to go to college (oy!).

Somehow....
Lindabee didn't have a #5

6. Peeps I want to know more about: Well, I don't want anyone to feel obligated to participate... so how about, if you want to play, just leave me a comment so I can peek at your blog!


And I also have to tell you that I was stretching the truth the other day when I said that I don't buy books. Sorry!!!!

I have been thinking of end-of-the-year gifts for the two wonderful nurses in our elementary school that have been a great part of our lives, particularly for our figure skater, Sloppy Sister. They have kept an eye on her during the day and made those challenges with type 1 diabetes that much easier. Next year, she will be in the intermediate school building. I also have to thank her teacher and guidance counselor for their wonderfulness.

So... I saw this today at the book store and thought... AHA!!!
Also, the woman at the sewing machine store recommended this book so I looked for it yesterday at Joann's with my 40% off coupon but it wasn't there.
So today, I bidded(is that a word?) on eBay, and won it for $8 plus s/h.

And just to finish off the post... some wildflowers (?) in our yard..

...and I have been admiring a bush in a neighbor's yard, so after getting my youngest on the school bus this morning, I snapped some shots..

close up....
Have a great weekend!!!!