Thursday, May 15, 2008

Handle with Care

I went shopping this morning...

and came home with this....
Don't have time right now to play with it, but when I do, you will all know about it! I can hardly wait!!!!

In the meantime, you all know how I like houses in quilts. This is an early member of my house collection.

It hangs in my bedroom (along with another hanging with cabins) now but I bet Janey, Blogless Laura, and Blogless Deb can remember some choice words when I was piecing this together! I made it at a quilting retreat a few falls ago. We usually go each October today and have a good ol' time....eating, sewing, talking, and playing tricks on each other (some played more tricks on some than others!!!) But I hear that the location is no longer available and the organizer of the retreat is no longer interested in pursuing other venues..too bad.
Here are some beautiful fall photos of the Adirondacks, at the retreat, that I took this past autumn.


BTW, Kerry is having a giveaway at My Favorite Things. Check it out!

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your new toy!!! I got one for Christmas and I must admit ahven't used it as much as I should have but that is all going to change today when I whip uo a dressing gown/robe for my daughter.The pics of your retreat look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see how you like your serger. Still haven't had time to play with mine but I'm sure itching too. I also must be the last to know about quilt camp. We MUST find another place to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well don't you just love the shops?! I have never used an overlocker before ... I'm a chicken! I have e-mailed you something you might like ... saw it last night and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, you've been tagged. Let us know more about you. Check out my blog for the details. Lindabee
    http://lindabee2000.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. lucky girl! I'm trying to justify the purchase of a serger, but it's just not happening right now. Maybe if I start making more clothes and curtains it would be worth it!

    ReplyDelete