Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Coming up for air...

It has been a hectic few days. So I am grabbing a momentary breath if air to say, "hi."



Yesterday, we had our end-of-the-year Buy One Get One Free Scholastic book fair. I was at the elementary school setting up at 10 AM and cleaning up last night until 8:30 PM. Many books were bought but I was pretty beat by the end of the night.



After having a lousy, hit-the-wall run yesterday morning, I found some energy this AM and managed a 4+ mile run in 45 minutes. We are back at the book fair this morning to tie up loose ends, get the financial information together and finish packing up.



Sunday night, I met two of my friends (Blogless Deb and Janey) for our monthly friendship group- Sue and Laura were missed this month! I decided to work on some scrappy log cabins a la Melly and Me Challenge. I brought my fairly new featherweight machine to try out.



I plugged the machine in and the machine started on its own- really fast!!!! So I ran for the plug to stop the machine and ZAP!!!!!! A spark flashed, I must have jumped a few feet - it surprised my friends too! and that was the end of that!



I spoke with our local featherweight expert and she has replaced the cord, the belt and cleaned up the machine too. All ready to go.

I am told that this is quite a 'gem' of a machine, probably dating from 1938-42. The scroll work is beautiful and the machine is in really great shape. This was a holiday gift from hubby.

I really can't believe that I have so many sewing machines!!! i will have to introduce you to a couple more of them as well sometime. One is an enigma (?????- have to be seen to truly understand) and the other an old Singer that my kids now use.



We have this beautiful tree in the backyard that blooms after the leaves appear.

The blooms begin as white flowers, then turn pink, followed by purple and then brown and fall off.

Anyone know what kind of tree this is?

Blog friend, Stacy, is having a giveaway!!! check it out!!! She was the winner of my first giveaway and I have one coming up... stay tuned....

Now back under the water for awhile................

4 comments:

  1. I think that's a flowering tree Lisa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No clue...but it sure is beautiful. May is such a busy month. I'm on my 4th graduation. Two more to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No idea about the tree but it's very pretty. I was so pleased to get some stuff from Kellie and your postcard came too, it looks absolutely lovely where you live. Thank you for sending it
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lisa! The tree is truly beautiful! How do you guys go with allergy? We would all be sneezing and spluttering around the place unfortunately with that one :(. Do all of your machines work?

    ReplyDelete