Monday, April 7, 2008

I could use a good stiff drink....

if I could only smell or taste!!!! This cold is driving me crazy!!!! I didn't sleep well last night and today, I can't even enjoy my food!

Maybe a drink would work! This is the top that I made. Some of the ladies in our small friendship group, Sew Together!, made their own versions but I don't have photos of theirs. The pattern is Remember, It's Five O'Clock Somewhere by Pat Sloan. I am sandwiching it and trying to figure out how I will quilt it! Wish those drinks were real tonight!


At least the weather has improved! Today, I raked and cleaned up the grounds at the apartment hubby and I own! I kept my box of kleenex and bottle of water nearby.

I still have more quilts from the Lancaster Quilt Show....

How about this one?!
Check out all those little pieces up close!
Remember the Elvis Quilt that I made to auction off at our JDRF Gala? Here is another version of One Block Wonders ...
It is amazing how ONE piece of fabric can be manipulated!!!
This quilt is cool....
and the quilting is amazing!!
Take a look at this one...


and again, a lot of stitching!


I have a few more to show but will wait until tomorrow! I don't want to exert myself too much today!

Off to find something bland to eat (well, I can't taste it, so why waste something exciting??)

8 comments:

  1. A Good Stiff Drink....that would be a fabulous name for that quilt also....

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That border fabric on the 5 o clock quilt is PERFECT! Seriously, seriously perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWSER, Lisa, love that 5 oclock quilt!! Thanks for sharing all the pics, just beautiful!
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that last one. Thanks for sharing your quilt show photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, I love your 5 o clock quilt!! I really must make this pattern.

    CheriS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the quilt show :)
    Here we've been using the air conditioning already! what a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your quilt - make sure you show how you end up quilting it! And the quilts from the show are amazing. I am working on DH at the moment to try and get us across to the US around the time of Houston Quilt Festival for a holiday - fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete