Sunday, January 27, 2008

SOLD!!!!!

Yes, it is true. "Hexagons in Hawaii" was sold last night in the live auction at our JDRF regional chapter's Dream Gala. It sold for..........$1700!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!

Check out Megan's version of One-Block Wonders hexagons. Love the fabric!!!

Got home around midnight in, yet, another night of falling snow. Hoped to sleep in just a bit this morning but our dear town snowplow scraped by at 6:00 AM!! Oh well.

My room doesn't look any cleaner today. (Don't even look at the rest of the house!!!!)
One of my latest projects...... I bought a piece of guitar fabric from The Fabric Bolt and have been playing around using the Quilters Playtime book and my own ideas. The strip below uses my freezer paper paper piecing method.
I joined the Take it Further Challenge but am having a hard time getting started. After receiving the fabric on Friday and having a good look at it, I am finally getting some plan together. On her blog, Sharon asks, "Ask yourself who do you look up to and admire? Why? What is it you admire about them?" I admire my hubby greatly for his strong values, his hard work, his ability to investigate and learn all about something that interests him, his love of music and many other ways. I am focusing on his love of music and working from there. We will see where it takes me.


5 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!! So glad the quilt brought in so much money and for such a great cause too. Do you know the person who got it? Love the guitars I can't wait to see it finished. You never seize to amaze me with your creativity and what you're going to come up with next. Awesome Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo Lisa!!! $1,700 is awesome. WOW-ZA! Did you float home or what? I'm sad to see it go, but hopefully the recipient will cherish it and not use it for a tablecloth or something. Love the guitar. How cool is that! The creative juices are definitely flowing.. Congrats again,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo Hoooo!!!!! $1700?!? And for a GREAT cause (my cousin has been a type I diabetic since she was 7 and I was 6 -- so this one is near and dear to my heart). GREAT WORK! (and Elvis has left the building -- Un hun, Un hun). Love that fish you've been working on as well -- Melly and Me patterns are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo and Congrats what a lovely quilt created for a great cause. Look what you were able to do that money will be a nice help for further research. You are probably on top of the world right now and you should be.

    Your fish is awesome, and the guitar is looking good already, can't wait to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! Congratulations! I love what I see here :-)

    ReplyDelete