Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a woman....

Crazy!!!! At least, that is what my 14 year old daughter thinks!!!!!! (she likes to stay up late and sleep in).

Yes, I am generally in bed by 9:00 PM. I often read in bed but not always. My alarm goes off at 4:30 AM so that I can get up, have a cup of coffee, sometimes I do some computer work or sew, get dressed, and head to the gym around 5:15-5:30 AM. I get back home around 6:45 AM, just in time to see my oldest daughter off and when the last one leaves at 8:35 AM, I have my day to myself.

That is usually the way things work. But last night, I woke up at 2:30 AM!!! I had a dream about counterfeit money (only to discover later that it probably wasn't) while trying to pay my hotel bill in Lancaster PA. A couple of friends and I make a trip there every year for the big quilt show and plenty of shopping in late March-early April. Well, after I figured out that the guy in the dream was faking me out (not sure what happened to my money), I couldn't get back to sleep......What to do???!!!

So, I got out of bed at 2:50 AM. I did some computer work for an hour that had stumped me the day before. I folded a load of laundry, started another load of laundry, had coffee, sewed some buttons on a quilt block- all by 5:15 AM!!!!! No one bothered me, no one nagged me!!! Hubby also gets up early but he is not generally a morning person and so conversations and interactions are somewhat limited before he heads out for about an hours run.

Call me crazy but call me productive too!!!

These are two blocks that I finished this morning from Pat Sloan's Farmer's Market free patterns. I am actually doing two versions of the quilt. One with my favorite... black/white background. The other with another favorite of mine.... green as the background. These are the posies blocks. I still have two versions of the strawberry block to do so that I am all caught up!
I continued to work on my guitar Take it Further Challenge. I don't know how I fit with the other challenge participants but this is me.... just playing with fabrics... as I think of the person that I admire the most - my hubby.
One of our local quilt shops just moved to new digs, so I had to check them out. I really just needed a small scrap of red wool to make my strawberries, but guess what??? I found some fabric. Don't know how that happened!!!! Some cute Valentine's fabrics. Now, I gotta think of something to do with them besides fondle and stare at them.




2 comments:

  1. Girl, You're nuts. I actually wish I could get up earlier than I do but it just doesn't happen. I love the blocks and the new fabric. I almost stopped in there this morning when I got bagels but figured I would save my pennies for next week's shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love the guitar quilt, bet it will be amazing when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete