Wednesday, April 9, 2008

How True!

As I sat at a traffic light this morning, behind some guy in a pick up truck, the bumper sticker said, " Sometimes I just want to be a missing person." LOL! Don't we all have days like that? I wonder what his story is!

My cold has been slowly getting better even though I look a little like Rudolph with his nose so bright today! I haven't slept through the night for about 3 nights and last night, was no exception... but then my youngest was up around 2 a.m. with a tummy ache and high blood sugar. (She is fine now).

Then, in the midst of everything this morning (you have to know the hardships of getting my youngest ready for school!), the window guy called to say that the key that I had given him to get into one of the apartments did not work... so when I saw the bumper sticker, I was on my way to hubby's office to grab his set of keys!!!

This is the last of my Lancaster trip photos! These first ones were taken outside a shop run by an Amish family.
They all ready have green grass!!!





And these are the last photos that I have of the show...



As the explanation says...

I tried to get a close up of the glittered tulle but am not sure that you can see it. Pretty cool though.

Spring has finally sprung here in upstate NY. This is what is left of the snow in our front yard.
And this is what one does after a long hard snowy winter. Rake the lawn!!!
For those of you who do not see the kind of winter we have here, this is what happens to your lawn near the road...
sand, salt, pebbles, etc. Still waiting for it to turn green.

I did manage to get some quality time in my sewing room yesterday. This is where I am at with my online class project...
Next is the stitching and quilting.

If you look on the right side of the blog, I have added a new picture for Quilt for Life. Jeff Hitchcock, founder of Children with Diabetes, says, "...In the Quilt for Life, we all see the wonder of our kids and we rededicate ourselves to finding a cure for type 1 diabetes. " There are now 607 quilt squares!!! and they will be displayed on the Washington Mall, August 4-5, 2008. Of course, I made one to celebrate the life of my youngest....#507.
I am lucky to have 3 wonderful kids (even though I may think differently after the end of next week, which is Spring Break in NY state schools).
Well, off to get missing.....

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! I lost you there for a bit so I am very pleased you stopped by my place! Beautiful pictures & that little quilt of yours is just too cute! I love it! Good to 'see' you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    Beautiful pictures and love that little quilt - makes ya wanta smile! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. to reflect light with a brilliant, sparkling luster....fine!!!!!

    ReplyDelete