Friday, April 11, 2008

Doodly-doo and getting wonky!

A quiet day today even though the kids had the day off (a bonus day?). Spring Break in NY state schools starts this weekend.

After several beautiful spring days, today was rainy... so a good excuse to stay indoors and play with fabric!!! (and let my scratches heal from all the raking and sawing of limbs).

I have been working on my daisy doodle online class project. It is coming along.

The quilting was a little tough for me. I love experimenting with new quilting designs but this piece is less than 12" x 12" and so by the time I got the design going, it was all done. I tend to need some room to move. Still, it looks kinda cute!

I have been stalling on starting my quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap. I had been looking at fabrics and playing with patterns for awhile but couldn't get going. It all came together today when I found out what my partner likes colorwise - and she apparently is now into robin egg blue and red which I coincidentally started a stash of while in Lancaster!


Then, while reading my daily dose of blogs, I came upon a tutorial for a wonky log cabin through Sew Mama Sew and you know how I loooooove wonkiness!!!!


So, I got started....


I may even want to keep them for myself!!!!



Tomorrow is our monthly quilt guild meeting and this month is members workshops. I am looking forward to this workshop and will post photos of my project!



Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! I love that dasiy doodle piece! Its truely stunning! Glad to hear that someone else is stalling on their doll Quilt Swap too.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. The wonky blocks look fabulous! Glad you actually used the tutorial. I was hoping, but you never know! Do you mind if I brag about them on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. a coverlet for a bed, made of two layers of fabric with some soft substance...nice...

    ReplyDelete