Saturday, March 22, 2008

Baskets, anyone?

When you do a whole lot of this....(yup, my machine got quite a workout over the past few days!)....

you get this....

and this is really only a portion of what I have used this week. I threw a bunch out earlier this week. But I quit! No more baskets for awhile!!!!! I plan to make something for me next.


I also whipped up a couple of these blocks. I have a nephew arriving into this world this summer and he needed a little basket of goodies (his mom and dad have been so generous to my kids, the only grandkids on hubby's side, over the years so he has some catching up to do!).


I found the pattern in the latest issue of Quilts and More

Today, we have another birthday in our family... my mother-in-law's birthday is today! I know that she often reads my blog, so Happy Birthday, Sally! We will see you tomorrow!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Your baskets are gorgeous Lisa. I picked up that magazine today. Enjoy your Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous baskets! Love the colors--they're all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blocks came out so adorable and the baskets look very "festive" Happy Birthday Lisa's MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Baskets Lisa!! Love the colors, Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those baskets! My mom made some for me when I was a kid, and I still use them to this day on my nightstand! And that was like 20 years ago! Or more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, I love your baskets! The colors are very spring and your workmanship is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love the blocks! Thanks so much Lisa. I'm not sure we are going to catch up with you guys :)

    We'll see how the first one goes...

    rebecca & John

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are pleased with the appearance and very satisfied with the workmanship...

    ReplyDelete