Saturday, February 23, 2008

Originally, when I woke up.....

I had visions of staying in my pajamas all day and sewing. It started out well! I woke up and did my computer stuff (I do some typing for hubby at night/weekends) and then I read blogs for a while. Hubby made me a delicious breakfast of poached eggs on toast. Yummy! But by then, my son was bugging me to take him to the store for something he 'needed'. UGH! I had to get dressed!

And as long as we were out, my youngest decided to tag along. We had to buy her some new skate guards as her former pair have walked away from the rink. While we were at the sports store, we spotted this dress on sale!
Perfect for the upcoming exhibition in March.... the theme is Flower Power. Fits nicely. I wish that I could sew these dresses!!!!!

Okay, and while we were out, "could we please go to the mall to look at the Webkinz?" Argh!

I got home for a bit and started some sewing. This will be a gift when done.

After a couple of hours of sewing room time, my son announced that I had a package from Australia! How exciting!!!

The stamps were gorgeous!!!
The wrapping was intriguing!!!! Who could it be from???













It was my package from Ibby Bee Quilts Coaster Swap!!!! And my swap partner was Abby! What a treat! I received this wonderful 'Historic Cobar' linen that I am thinking I will hang on my sewing room wall!!! Looks like a very cool place! I also got some wonderful rick rack, a postcard of the entrance to the Cobar High School (interesting!)

and these lovely coasters!!! I so love the fabrics!!!! Thanks a million, Abby!!!

But that is not all that came in the mail today! There was an envelope with this lovely stamp on it (why don't we have such nice stamps?!).


And it contained my prize pattern from the giveaway Natalie Ross in Stitches hosted recently. I so love this pattern!!! And polka dots, Natalie!!! They are my favorite!! I have a whole shelf full of my coveted polka dotted fabrics (which I am afraid to use) and lots of polka dotted grosgrain ribbon.
Still there was more! The fat quarter that I ordered online from Marj's Quilt Fabric Shop arrived. I needed 5 more 2 inch strips of 13 1/2 inches in length to complete the blocks for Pat Sloan's Cabin Insanity.




She even included a little note pad in the squishie package!







I spent part of the afternoon chauffeuring my older daughter to and from work and to the movie theater at the mall. So I had to stay dressed!!

Hubby wanted some take out Chinese food for dinner. This was my fortune.


Maybe tomorrow, I can stay in my pajamas all day and sew!

7 comments:

  1. Wow did you have a wonderful Mail day or what? Everything looks great. Hopefully tomorrow can be your pj day we all need one of those once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh I am sooo glad that you liked everything.... and I am so glad that you "got it".... I have so many scribbles form my handsome I have started wrapping packages in them... but I wonder what people must think when they get a scribbled box.... I am so pleased you like the coasters.. I love them so much I made a set for us... it was so much fun doing this swap.....
    luv Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great mail you got. Lucky girl!! Love that polka dot pattern. Is it a stitchery or applique pattern??? And did you make that bakset? It's great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mail days like that! I just wish they happened more often lol :) My Mum always tries to find cool stamps when she sends me things from New Zealand. Makes me a little homesick just looking at the silly stamps - of course that's the reason she does it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I thought the fortune said "even though friends glitter you."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa,

    Oh I am soooo jealous, I Love that pattern, "Nellie's House"!!! Can't wait to see it made
    Stay warm,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, what great goodies in the mail!

    I love the little fimo clay creations, too. they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete