Friday, February 15, 2008

A No Sew Day

For those of you who do not experience snow....

Snow is not always white. Sure... as it falls from the sky, it is. But it soon turns dirty from the plows, the sand and salt that is thrown from the trucks to make travel safe. Can't it just melt away???

Mounds of it grow bigger as we get more snow and ice.....It even gets tough to shovel it higher and higher. The mailman complains that he can't reach our mailbox. Every day, we set out in our boots, coats, mitts, and sometimes, hats too. (I just want to put on some flip flops for a change!)

The weight of the ice pulls down the tree branches and limbs and sometimes, they just crack off. I wanna see a flower or two!

I can hardly wait for spring.

A 'no sew' day. But there is always tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! A snow lesson!! I need some. I've never lived in snow. When I was a little girl growing up in Southern California, we would cut out big paper snowflakes in winter and the teacher would teach us about winter. What she didn't think to mention was that the snowflakes were not as big as the paper ones we were making! I didn't want to visit snow because I was terrified of being beaned by a piece of ice the size of those paper snowflakes falling from the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. which state do you live "up" in. i live in da UP and we were supposed to get snow the last couple of days, none, so mark thought it good time to snowblow...he was almost finished when down it started to come, think we hava a blizzard going here. totally can relate to snow pictures and boots, i have three pair, regular hiking boots, knee high sorels and ankel high blue ones. think we have gotten a couple inches since clearing the paths...i love the snow, lived on kauai for 35 years until may 07 and my yooper wanted to come home and iwas ready for a change. like your clocks, bright colors...glad i have a good stash, colors and darker and brower bere. check out my blog......

    ReplyDelete