Sunday, January 13, 2008

Just a glimpse..

Haven't had much time for blogging and the computer has been in use by hubby a lot this weekend. But that has given me time to work on Elvis. It is coming along! The piecing of the strips of triangles was tough. Bias edges included! But the top is together and the back is being pieced. I hope to have the quilt done in a few days (ha!). Here are some glimpses of pieces of the top.....


We are expecting a Nor'easter, as these snowstorms are called, tonight. The kids are banking on a snow day tomorrow so we are off to the library to stock up on movies and books.
When I grow up, I want to be able to draw like this.
My 14 year old daughter drew this self portrait for her drawing class! I am taking a drawing class next month starting from the beginning.

3 comments:

  1. Hi....I found your blog through the coaster swap. Luv the elvis quilt what a great idea...
    What an awesome drawing by your daughter....wow.
    luv Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great drawing I didn't realize she was so talented. Can't wait to see Elvis all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter did a wonderful job, I see talent! Maybe you'll discover in your drawing class that she got it from you :)

    ReplyDelete