Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It has been snowing pretty consistently for the past two days! Light snow but snow all the same. Not a huge accumulation but the roads are a little sloppy. It does look beautiful on our evergreen trees.
This morning, while waiting for the school bus with my youngest, I noticed the most beautiful snowflakes on the hood of her jacket. We plucked them off ever so carefully with the fingers of our fleece gloves for a closer look. They are so fascinating. There is a wonderful children's books that my kids have taken out from the library in the past about a man who photographed snowflakes and discovered that no two snowflakes are alike, Snowflake Bentley.
I tried to photograph some on my glove, but I am no W.A. Bentley. While it snows outside, I am warm inside. I have been drafting palm trees in the hopes that they look good enough in thread to quilt onto the Elvis quilt. What do you think? It is a little scary!
And to keep warm, lately I have been into making soups and breads. Last night, I made a yummy tomato alphabet soup. Our bread machine has been also getting quite a workout lately as I try a variety of delicious breads.
The great thing about soup is that there is always leftovers! Tonight, I am planning to make some long requested chicken soup for my two carnivorous daughters :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hey I like the palm tree. Very creative. The soup also looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those palm trees are going to look great on Elvis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow looks pretty! thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete