Saturday, May 23, 2015

My week in a nutshell...


My oldest child, formerly known as the Teen with Lots of Stuff, now "College Student with Good Grades!" and I went to visit family in Ottawa for a few days before said college student starts a summer accounting internship near home.
Of course, we went to see family but the fact that there was an exhibit of paintings of my favorite Canadian artist 


at the National Gallery of Canada clinched the deal. 

I love the architecture of the gallery building...


the views....



the light....


the art...


I did not take any photos in the special exhibit which was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!

but I snapped one of my favorite Georgia O'Keeffe's
Lake George with Crows

 (that is our local Lake George)

and a Gustave Klimt 
for my fiber art group friends back home...


Besides art and family, I did enjoy some delicious vegan food too!!!


As for my own art,
I have been trying to draw every day...

I am afraid to mess up my studio...


well not really, but I do like to photograph it
and the windows of the building...



I dabbled with a marbling kit I bought on my recent trip to NYC...


I took a free expression drawing class with some fiber art friends...


 I played with some iPhone apps...


and did some reading...

All very exciting says Olive!


And you can see Olive immortalized in fabric 
at the Quilt Alliance "Animals We Love" contest 

Better yet! You can vote if you are a member!!!
It is not a very expensive membership,
Quilt Alliance is a wonderful organization
and you can meet me and Olive in NYC in September!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment