Wednesday, March 5, 2014

How to stay sane in the long, cold, and snowy winters of upstate NY

For some reason, 
when my ancestors arrived in Canada and the USA
in the early 1900s

 (my maternal grandfather on the far right,
 from a town in Russia, now in Belarus)

they chose to live in climates similar to the ones they grew up in...

(my paternal grandmother on the far right, born in NYC, 
her parents from a city which is now in Belarus)

And for some reason, 
Mr. U and I chose to perpetuate that absurd decision!!!

Yes, it is still winter in upstate NY ...

much to my chagrin....

It is getting very old!

It has been long, cold, and snowy!

Mr. U tells me that he thinks that our last cold snap is about to be over for the season.
I hope he is right.

Not being much of cold weather gal,
I have been hunkering down inside
(anything to maintain my sanity!)

Luckily, there are a lot of birds in upstate NY

who enjoy being here in the cold
(what is up with that?!)

and so I watch them on Nature Boy's homemade bird feeder

right by our kitchen table

and I take lots of photos. 

There is even a lunchroom bully!

and lately,

some non-birds!!

When I am not sitting at the kitchen table...

I am at the gym before the sun rises

(so my muscles don't atrophy from being inside so much)

....spending endless hours on the telephone
with our newest health insurance plan
trying to secure much-needed diabetic supplies for Sugarbaby...

(my recommendation: write a letter about your dissatisfaction to the CEO,
that seems to get things going... with a direct line to their executive office
that I can now use anytime I have problems! but I suspect those have now been ironed out!)


socks for me!

socks for Mr. U!

and a wrap for me!

trying to stay caught up with Life Book 2014...

but for kicks, 
and always in search of the ultimate journal/diary project...

(and in an effort to make yet another huge mess in my studio)

I added another project!!!

which I need to catch up on!

I have also been sewing
but that project is ...


So like those hibernating bears...
I will emerge when Spring comes!