Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Slooooow and Steady...

eventually finishes the race, right?!
At least, that is my version!

As I left the house this morning and the sky was lightening up, 
I picked my running route, a long one,
but decided to take my time.

A record run!
This is the longest run (though, not the fastest)
I have ever done in my almost 50 years of life!
(for my metric family and friends 7.65 mi = 12.3 km)

I am gearing up for a 5k run this Saturday (anyone care to join me?).
I had set a personal goal to run a 5k in December in less than 28 minutes
so we will see how I fare on Saturday.

I will probably try to increase my pace a bit or I might not finish.

And this project is moving along pretty slooooowly too!

at little more than a snail's pace
I haven't quite pieced half of the rows, averaging about one row a day...
I run faster than that on a sloooow day!

Actually I am trying to read through a book that will expire today on my kindle-
a download from our library - highly recommend it!- so sewing has taken a back seat for the moment.

And then there are other tasks that I accomplish even slooooower than most...

Um... yeah... I haven't tackled the mess in there!
Cleaning is not my favorite past time!

Me on the floor
but it will eventually get done!
Sloooooow and steady.

6 comments:

  1. While you are running I will be carving stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to quite enjoy the long slow runs - in the days before hip problems. Enjoy your run - I suspect you'll have not problem reaching your goal by December. I do love that pin wheels quilt -it will be lovely when its finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are funny. I love this quilt. Love love love it. I'm just like you, cleaning is not my strength but I do it because I hate to sew in my sewing studio if it is over messy. So I force myself! Force.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on Saturday! I wish I could run! Cleaning the studio,it gets me in trouble. I am so easily side-tracked and start new projects from all the scraps. That's how I got into my latest quilts!
    I also can not sew in a messy space so cleaning is actually good for me.
    Love your pinwheels! That is one big quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lisa, you amaze me. I can't even run to the next block...lol.... Your quilt is beautiful and I love the fact that you are real. My craftroom starts out clean and by the end of the day it is destroyed. Do you look down and say,"I know there used to be a floor here" To me that is a sign of a great artistic experience. You get lost in the creativity. Don't every change that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wish i had your energy! i think it would take me ten years just to WALK a 5K!! congrats on seeing your goals through!! xox

    ReplyDelete