Thursday, June 16, 2011

Putting a bug in my ear...

Sugarbaby and I just returned this afternoon
from a trip to my 'homeland'
to do some sight-seeing and hang out with my family.

I took a lot of photos on our visit
and I can't help but notice several themes 
in those 130+ photos taken.

Like...

as I sat on a tuffet (and this vegan was NOT eating her curds and whey!)
on my parents' balcony,
I couldn't help but notice this spider...

a spider hanging on the balcony of my parents' condo


While, one morning, this not so itsy-bitsy spider
went up the walls and ceiling of my nephew's room
(which he graciously let me use... the room, not the spider!)
and eventually slipped behind the bookcase- sorry Kev!

spider in my nephew's room

but Louise Joséphine Bourgeois' spider, "Maman"
which stands outside of the National Gallery of Canada 
might be enough to give one a good case of arachnophobia!!!

spider, "Maman" at "National Gallery of Canada"

You might have thought that I had ants in my pants
when I spotted this creature marching one-by-one
along a flower in the garden at the Museum of Civilization...

ant on flower

but as I took a closer look at the garden
there was no way I was taking home this baby bumblebee!!!!

bee in flower

Something is definitely bugging me!!!


Me on the floor
(maybe a quilt?)


4 comments:

  1. the photos are great, perhaps brigitte had bugs on her mind too? That would be cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bug photos.


    "We hope that, when the insects take over the world, they will remember with gratitude how we took them along on all our picnics." ~Bill Vaughan

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos! I don't think I want to see that spider sculpture though eeuuugh. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, the spider sculpture "Maman" is very fitting for someone who quilts. IIRC, the statue is dedicated to the artist's mother, who used to sew. So, the spider's feet are supposed to be like sewing needles.

    ReplyDelete