Friday, June 24, 2011

I Cried...


Six weeks after the birth of my first-born child, 
my beautiful daughter,
I cried...

In two weeks, I would have to resume full-time employment,
while Mr. U attended school full-time,
and we would leave our daughter in the care of others.

This is her first official 'school' (daycare) portrait...

My daughter's first school portrait

Somehow....
17 years have quickly passed
and we have reached another emotional milestone...

high school graduation....

commencement ceremony

and I cried.


My beautiful baby has graduated!


Mothers hold their children's hand for a while -- their hearts forever.
me and my girl

5 comments:

  1. Aw, I hear you, Lisa! My daughter graduates high school on Monday - it's so traumatic, isn't it? Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Lisa! It is bitter sweet to watch them grow into young adults. Enjoy all the time you have with her.
    My two boys are out of our home, I know what you mean. Is she staying close?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so totally relate! I felt as if I am reading my life :) Blessings going out to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did she graduate from? My niece Alyssa Collins is graduating (or has graduated), not sure what exact H.S. she went to, probably Glens Falls.

    ReplyDelete