Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I'm a Bubbie!!!!


bubbie

- 
Main Entry:   bubbie
Part of Speech:   n
Definition:   grandmother
Etymology:   Yiddish bubeleh 'grandmother'
Usage:   Yiddish



Amidst great excitement,
the "U" Family welcomes the arrival of
Mini!!!!

Minnie

Proud parents are Chester (on the left) and Phyllis...

Daddy, Mommy, and baby

Everyone is doing very well!

Unfortunately, we were not in town when this fluffy bundle arrived....

a fluffy baby!
(believe me.... we kept waiting and waiting and waiting....)

but she definitely has her Daddy's hair and her Mommy's coloring!!!

As for me, the Bubbie (or maybe the great-Bubbie??),
 I took the requisite photos of the new babe and even held her 
(at least, Nature Boy and Sugarbaby think it is a girl)
Momma and Baby
and then it was back to the sewing room for me!!!

I have been playing with Lutradur in my spare time...
cutting pieces of it and experimenting with water soluble crayons..
before spraying the Caran D'Ache Neocolor water soluble crayons with water on the Lutradur

which I then sprayed with water....

after spraying the Caran D'Ache Neocolor water soluble crayons with water on the Lutradur

or spraying the pieces first with water
and then painting them with Pebeo Setacolor transparent paint
or some Jacquard Lumiere fabric paint as well.

playing with Lutradur and paint

Family!

Fun!

and finally....

Me on the floor

Fatigue!!!

9 comments:

  1. whaaaat?? A baby in the house. Congrats!!!! She's too cute!!!!!!!!!!
    Love the new paint techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, she's cute!

    Interesting experiments. I've had fun with water soluble crayons, but on fabric, not tyvek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mazel Tov!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the baby in the house and also on finding time to do some fun color experimentation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - I had 2 bubbies and my babies have a bubbie and a gramma (who should be called bubbie) but she thinks that would make her sound old! OY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Bubbie! Chester and Phyllis are so adorable. And fun experiments you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely!
    The colors are really nice.
    I love your work!

    using lutradur

    ReplyDelete