Friday, October 8, 2010

Middle of the Night Musings...

What do you do if...

you wake up to go to the loo at 1:58 AM...
get back into bed just in time for a hot flash...
and flip flop around in bed trying to find a comfortable position for your aching calf muscle
while hoping to get back to sleep?????

Well, eventually...
you get out of bed at 2:43 (yes it is still AM!!!)

make a cup of tea...

a cup of earl grey tea

(Earl Grey, with a sprinkle of almond milk)

you take some ibuprofen...

take some generic ibuprofen


you make Mr. U a sandwich to take to work...

made Mr. U his standard pbj


you fold one load of laundry and stick the next load in the dryer...

laundry, laundry


you write directions for the quilt guild block challenge...


block challenge packages


you go into the sewing/craft room to work on postcards for a swap....

fall postcards


only to discover that....
it is still only
photo.PNG

At home with my sewing utensils!

It might be a looooong day!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Even if you don't do another thing all day long, you've had a wonderfully productive day (and the sun hasn't even risen!).

    I am familiar with late sewing nights (like into the wee small hours of the next day) however once my head hits the pillow, I don't hear another thing until the alarm goes off at 6am.

    I hope you get to have an afternoon nap today.

    Rita
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all that beginning in the dead of the night! That is amazing. I am not sure I would have been able to do that. Most likely I would have gone back to bed and continued the tossing and turning. Definitely a nap day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YIKES...I'd definitely need a nap after all that. I hate it when I am awake in the middle of the night like that. I guess it's because I don't get up and do much that is productive...usually I just lay there and toss and turn. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like my life! I hate waking up and then not being able to fall back to sleep. Sometimes I get up and get in another bed. I am never as productive as you are. I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like my house anytime after 2am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went through that for over 10 years. I was up between 2 and 3 for the day. I finally found a sleep aid that helps. I try not to take them every night.
    I'll be 55 this month and still having the hot flashes and cold chills.
    Enjoy the ride. :)
    Following you.
    Susie in northern NY

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahaha! You cheer me up. :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa-talk about a long time since I jumped over here too. It has been a long year, but I am doing well. I love your blog and hope to get here more often. I missed the first two guild meetings, but hope to start back next month. I am finally starting to get my energy back (and my creative energy as well) Thanks for stopping by my blog. Traditional quilting will be interesting for me. It has been a while. Hopefully with your wonderful lead, I will get there.
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete