Monday, October 11, 2010

Imagining...



Can you imagine what I might make with these new fabulous fabrics???!!!

new fabrics!!!
(oh these fabrics make my heart beat fast!)

Can you imagine what I might create with these new goodies???!!!

New toys!
(these are all new toys to me!)

Well, I have no idea what I will do!!!

But I do know that I can hardly wait to play!!!!


This weekend...
I imagined...
I dreamed up this spread...

Let the Good Times Roll!
(it came to me in stages and phases)

and I fabricated this piece...

Rhoda and Kenny
(my mother and her younger brother)

I realize now...

how much I love starting from a blank slate
with no pattern, no preconceived ideas..
and creating something new and original!!!

At home with my sewing utensils!

Think left and think right and think low and think high.
Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!  
~Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Thinks You Can Think!

6 comments:

  1. I'm really loving seeing all your art-journalling journeys! Especially because I am fantastically horrid at that sort of thing. I think it's funny that my latest blog post is all about the fact that I can't improvise in my art to save myself - and yours is about how much you love doing it! I hope someday I am brave enough to try and create gorgeous works like you.

    ~Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. While at my MIL's in UT in July, I got to play with the paintsticks you have! She had seen them on some show and ordered all the stuff. So I watched the video and played - so much fun! You will love them! I bet you could use them in your journalling too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Lisa. What fantastic and creative work. Can't wait to see what you dream of next!
    That is why crazy quilting suits me. No patterns, no rules.
    Who said we needed to color inside the lines?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your unique mix of art, fabric and paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lisa,
    which photo-transfer method are you liking the best? I've had some fun with putting down gel medium and then rubbing an image onto it that was printed onto jet-ink transparencies(only tried it because i had left-over transparencies). Your pieces that were sewn onto ripped scraps, they look so cool! Are they printed onto printable fabric first?
    do tell! and what's your fav!?
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a ball with those Paintstiks, you'll probably blow us all away. I've been playing with mine on a couple different projects, and love 'em!
    Are you going to make really tiny dresses from that pattern fabric? :)

    ReplyDelete