Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Is bigger better?

I was checking my blog the other day and realized that
the photos I posted seemed a little bit small!
Maybe it is just my aging eyes...

So I am posting slightly larger photos today...
Let me know what you think!

I am really truggling to get back on schedule after our BIG weekend....
collage of our quilting retreat weekend

but in order to keep the momentum going....

today,
I finally finished a cover for my not really BIG moleskine journal...

my first journal cover

Using my hand dyed fabric,
I hand painted
I embroidered
 I quilted
and
I beaded....

my first journal cover (close up of front)... stamped letters and then I quilted over them

In my other BIG journal,
I created this....


Clueless


and
the kids and I have just started using a homeschool art program
and today we had to draw one of our favorite subjects.
drawing for our art lesson today

Gesso? you ask...
Well, I have a BIG bottle
that I have been using (a lot of!) these days in my art journal.



At home with my sewing utensils!
and this photo is just BIG enough!

5 comments:

  1. love the pictures and the journal covers. you are so talented.
    I have heard of gesso but what is it used for??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was scrolling thru your blog and saw some fun stuff. What is that top in the middle of the right column of today's post?!. It looks oh so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the pictures are the perfect size. I love the journal covers, especially the one that you used several different techniques on. You amaze me with your talent and your energy to do so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, bigger is better when it comes to photos. My eyes are not 18 anymore either and the large photos allows one to you enjoy your Ansel Adams photograph genius even more! It would be nice if the photos opened up full-sized in Flickr.

    ReplyDelete