Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I got sidetracked...or how Workbook Wednesday Wandered...



Okay so now that all those book signings and red carpet events are behind me...
(AHH... life in the fast lane!)...

I am back to the normal craziness and
the many tangents that my brain and life take...

I just bought these books (with the help of a BN gift certificate... thanks Sally!)...

my new books!

and was quickly smitten with this book....

Quilted Symphony

I just love the photos....

I love this new book!

 of the quilts...

I love this new book!

and when I grow up, I want to quilt like this!!!!

I love this new book!


So I have been playing around with some ideas
and changed this....

changing this...

into this...

An abstraction of a photo of a cactus

and the fabric has been flying ever since!!

some fabrics for a project..

And of course, far be it for me to stick with one book or one activity....

this is a book that I have owned for a while ...

The Creative License

but have only, this week (what was I thinking!??), begun to read through it...

Trying to draw

and actually try out....

Trying to draw

 the exercises...

Trying to draw

I really should try to draw more often...

family room chair drawn while watching "House"

...when I can find time!!!!!


And just in case I don't have enough on my plate.....

 this past weekend, at our quilt guild meeting,
my blog friend Debra (she does amazing work!!!) taught a class on embroidery for crazy quilting...

my handiwork from a guild class

I don't think I will ever have the patience to start a crazy quilt,

my handiwork from a guild class

but I am a firm believer that you can always take away a new skill
(or five!!!)
if you try something at least once!!!!

my handiwork from a guild class


Debra, thanks! and sending you positive, healthy thoughts!!!!



So where, you might ask, are my Workbook Wednesday projects????

Workbook Wednesday

Well....

um....

 I did buy some new supplies for the painting and foil exercises!!!


some supplies for chapter 5 exercises


but....

uh...

I got sidetracked, okay??!!!!!



At home with my sewing utensils!  I am just meandering like some free motion quilting!



7 comments:

  1. I have not started on my painting exercises yet either. I have lots of fabric paint so that's not an issue. I am goint to skip the foiling - I don't have any on hand. Sounds like you are being quite creative in lots of different ways! The book does look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one to get sidetracked ;-) I was going to try those wonky piecing methods today, but nothing has happened so far... I got started on a new project instead (and haven't even got around to blogging about that yet). I was thinking of trying the foiling as well, but my sewing corner needs a serious round of tidying if I'm to find that foil I know I have...
    We said Wednesday, but we didn't say EVERY Wednesday, did we? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Gloria Loughman's new book too and her first one, she is an amazing Aussie quilter. I did a 2 day workshop with her last year and am doing another hopefully in October. She's a beautiful, sharing lady with so much information and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do want my 80's hair back!

    I am glad that you have slowed down a bit! LOL! Red carpet events must be brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please save me from myself...

    What issue of McCalls had the Dresden Pattern???

    I can't find it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a crack up! You made me smile today!!
    Thanks so much for sharing your sketches. Love em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just bought the Gloria Loughman book too - I love the shapes she uses and the fabulous quilting.

    ReplyDelete