Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I got sidetracked...or how Workbook Wednesday Wandered...



Okay so now that all those book signings and red carpet events are behind me...
(AHH... life in the fast lane!)...

I am back to the normal craziness and
the many tangents that my brain and life take...

I just bought these books (with the help of a BN gift certificate... thanks Sally!)...

my new books!

and was quickly smitten with this book....

Quilted Symphony

I just love the photos....

I love this new book!

 of the quilts...

I love this new book!

and when I grow up, I want to quilt like this!!!!

I love this new book!


So I have been playing around with some ideas
and changed this....

changing this...

into this...

An abstraction of a photo of a cactus

and the fabric has been flying ever since!!

some fabrics for a project..

And of course, far be it for me to stick with one book or one activity....

this is a book that I have owned for a while ...

The Creative License

but have only, this week (what was I thinking!??), begun to read through it...

Trying to draw

and actually try out....

Trying to draw

 the exercises...

Trying to draw

I really should try to draw more often...

family room chair drawn while watching "House"

...when I can find time!!!!!


And just in case I don't have enough on my plate.....

 this past weekend, at our quilt guild meeting,
my blog friend Debra (she does amazing work!!!) taught a class on embroidery for crazy quilting...

my handiwork from a guild class

I don't think I will ever have the patience to start a crazy quilt,

my handiwork from a guild class

but I am a firm believer that you can always take away a new skill
(or five!!!)
if you try something at least once!!!!

my handiwork from a guild class


Debra, thanks! and sending you positive, healthy thoughts!!!!



So where, you might ask, are my Workbook Wednesday projects????

Workbook Wednesday

Well....

um....

 I did buy some new supplies for the painting and foil exercises!!!


some supplies for chapter 5 exercises


but....

uh...

I got sidetracked, okay??!!!!!



At home with my sewing utensils!  I am just meandering like some free motion quilting!