Friday, March 19, 2010

Details...


After finishing up the two quilts for Mr. U's office, I have embarked on a new project... so far, I am calling it "bits and pieces" but that will change...

I spent a good deal of time last night and this morning (skipping the gym... AGAIN!) to cut up bits and pieces of fabric and overlap them on a background of white fabric with a layer of Steam a Seam 2 on it...

And this is where I am at right now...

lots of bits and pieces


There are a lot of pieces which are daintily anchored to the background...
close up


But I am hoping to figure out how to keep it all together. I have read where some artists use tulle but I am not sure how to do it....
close up


aaahhhh... the details!

And speaking of details, I am still developing my plan for "Workbook Wednesday" using this book, as I mentioned in my last post, as a guide...
Art Quilt Workbork by Jane Davila and Elin Waterston borrowed from the library

I have had several readers express some interest in joining me on my adventure and still hoping for a few more!

If you would like to come along too, grab a copy of the book from your local library or from your favorite book supplier!!! Soon, you will need a sketch book and a supply of pencils as well.

I have developed a 'button' for this journey which is posted on the left side bar of my blog, if you would like, but I haven't quite figured out how to make a 'grab a button' code box...

Workbook Wednesday

aaaahhhh.... the details!

Still working on those!!!!!

Have a great day full of details!

SPF #11, 3/12/10: Sitting in my 'haven'Upstatelisa

4 comments:

  1. That looks great! Is the tulle held on with the stitching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me see how easy it is for me to track down the book, then I may play too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a copy of the book (got it for Christmas two years ago), and I already have sketchbooks and pencils. My mother had died about two months before Christmas that year and I wasn't in an Artsy kind of mood, so I didn't do much with the exercises in the book. Now I'm in a different frame of mind, and ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in! I've felt an urge to be more creative lately, and this sounds like great fun, so I just ordered the book - I hope it gets here before Easter, so I can join in asap!

    ReplyDelete