Friday, September 11, 2009

Creature of habit.

While I love the warm (though there were hardly enough to count on both feet this year!) lazy days of summer, I am happy to have returned to routine!!!

Mr. U is up on the mountain and I am at the gym at the crack of dawn...

Mr. U's view of an early am sunrise

and then home again to make sure the kids get off on time to their respective academic settings....

One...

off to catch the bus at 7 AM

Two....

off to catch the bus somewhere between 7:30 and.... 7:50??

Three....

off to (home)school ... no waiting for the bus!

(HA! He doesn't actually study in the garage!)

It has all ready begun to look a little like fall at the bus stop...

burning bush

Lots of inspiring colors to enjoy...

leaves are beginning to change in early Sept

And a little more time to sew perhaps...

I decided that I might want a spiderweb quilt too, so I made this one simultaneously and just finished the binding and washing it up...

My very own spider web quiltie

This one has some stars quilted into the green...

close up of some star quilting>



and some houses for LauraJ for our 8two8 swap...

closer look of first block for LauraJ



Have a great weekend!!!

crabapple tree

6 comments:

  1. I always love your posts...the wording AND the photos! Great quilts you showed today (naturally). LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the transition back to the school routine is going smoothly! Love your spiderweb quilt - the colours really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some amzing photos of you kiddos! I love that spiderweb quilt, the bright green with b&w is so unexpected and fun and great!
    Thanks for your comment on my giveaway too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh. If I lived closer to you, I'd be at the gym with ya. I love my early mornings. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy they found there way back to school, even via the garage.
    Love the new spiderweb quilt. So graphic.
    Take care,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete