Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Charlotte and Me....




Charlotte and I have been doing a lot of hanging out lately....

found a spider spinning a web

from the trees!


spider web doll quilt completed!

If you look close up, she has a lot of loose threads...


found a spider spinning a web


Mine are tucked in all ready but you may be able to see the shape of a butterfly in my threads...

close up of a butterfly I quilted



spider web close up

Check out Charlotte's web from the back! (looks pretty similar to the front, doesn't it?)

found a spider spinning a web

Mine looks a little different from the back though...

back of spider web doll quilt
It was a really long day for Charlotte...

found a spider spinning a web

Mine felt more like a week (or two!!!) but it is done!!!!

spider web doll quilt done!


And headed out soon to its destination.... to my DQS7 partner!!!!!

Charlotte and her web may be hanging out still....

found a spider spinning a web

(she was spinning on the front lawn of my sister's home in my hometown)

...but after a week of traveling to and from (and to and from again!) my homeland, I am home now!!!!

.... and starting to get settled into a routine of early mornings, getting kids off to school starting tomorrow (or the kitchen table in Nature Boy's case), and running the show!!!!


Hope all is well with you! Drop me a line!!!

IMG_0271

13 comments:

  1. i think i love your web more than charlotte's :P

    nice to see you in the homeland! (sounds like outerspace)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your DQS7 quilt, I really must get my butt into gear and finish quilting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love it! I should make one of these....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job!! I love all those B/W prints!!

    Your spider is better than mine... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt. You did such a nice job on it. Charlotte is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Lisa!!!!I think you have inspired me to try a crazy quilt one.
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a great artist. Love the colors and pattern. Charlotte must be quite envious!

    Good luck in the coming school year to all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a great artist. Love the colors and pattern. Charlotte must be quite envious!

    Good luck in the coming school year to all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovelovelove it! Definitely an inspiration for when I want to try my own spiderweb blocks.

    Holly xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I had a Charlotte of my own - but not a web of my own. Okay, I'm off to work some more on DSQ7.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I could hardly look ... spiders and Kellie's just do not mix!!!!!
    Hope you and yours are well! We have had a little sunsihne here of late ... helps to know that the warm weather is on the way ... which means before too long I will start to feel cold when I pop over and see what you have been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Charlotte has been quite busy lately. She's moved to the other side of the laneway and has built a new home on the cedar tree. I can't tell if she has really grown or if in my freaked-out, spider-fearing state, she just seems a whole lot larger.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have so many Charlotte's at my house! My boys love spiders so I don't dare spray for them. But they are really making themselves at home lately around the garden. Luckily they don't come into the house. I love your spiderweb quilt, this is on my list to make by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete