Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Blossom

blos·som
n.
1. A flower or cluster of flowers.
2. The condition or time of flowering: peach trees in blossom.
3. A period or condition of maximum development. See Synonyms at bloom1.
intr.v. blos·somed, blos·som·ing, blos·soms
1. To come into flower; bloom.
2. To develop; flourish:

A cluster of flowers (on an unknown species of tree) touched by the rain...
tree blossoms with raindrops
A cluster of flowers on the lilac bush out back...
lilac blooms
The condition of flowering on a nearby crabapple tree....
crab apple tree in bloom

Remember this?? This idea blossomed.....
progress

into this... the condition of maximum development....
Case Study #1

This quilt, Case Study #1, is now done!!!!!!
Case Study #1

With its rows of wonky straight line quilting, from the front......
Case Study #1...the front up close

and the back....
Case Study #1.. the back up close

Being that it is entitled Case Study #1, (so named because it is a term I saw often in grad school, studying the behavior of humans... albeit their speech and language behavior), I have plans for future case studies!

Come see the quilt at the show in June! (One down, one to go!)
IMG_0269

16 comments:

  1. The pictures of the blossoms etc are so beautiful! I love this time of year:) And the quilt - wow, it turned out amazingly well! I can't believe you did all those logs in white, but it's so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blossomed - what a good action word. I love the quilt. So artistic and stylized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the flower photos and the quilt turned out very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is fantastic! Love the quilting...and your flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome quilt, just like you girlfriend! I may just have to attend the show so I can view it properly. Hope you are able to take Mother's Day off and sit & sew until oblivion. Love the flowers. My crab apple tree is unusually full of spectacular blossoms this year as well. Must be the delayed spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that picture of the blossom! good eye you have! and Hey the case study quilt looks like it was dun to make. love that stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FUN! to make, (I'm typing in the dark!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful blossoms.
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the new quilt.
    I'll be copying for sure!!
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG - Even more spectacular than I was expecting - and you know this one is a heart stopper for me.

    I really really love this !

    You are some kind of crazy quilting genius - super wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing as usual! I wish I could go to your show! The Ottawa show is this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Case study #1 - very cool. Can't wait to see how the next evolves.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The quilt is beautiful. Please share your quilting methods soon. Would love to see how you do it.
    Diane in Tampa

    ReplyDelete
  13. it turned out wonderfully, lisa! i love to do this kind of quilting too. you must be thrilled about it....i so wish i could see it in person! happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful flowers, Stunning quilt. How gorgeous all those straight lines intersecting at unexpected angles. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lisa!! That quilt is amazing! So original and striking! You've already got my vote and I haven't even been to the quilt show yet. lol

    Loved the blossom pics too. Lilacs will make it to my wallpaper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am really impressed with this quilt. I had a similar idea for a quilt back going on and I'm so glad I stumbled upon you.

    ReplyDelete