Monday, December 1, 2008

OMG! In our backyard!!!!

Well, I am getting back on track.... slooooooowly! But I have to tell you about my weekend with Sugarbaby!!!!

It is just incredible to me that I can take a mere 1 1/2 hour trip ...
through the most gorgeous places in the country...
see the most beautiful...
awe-inspiring views...
literally in our backyard...


and here are some more views
views of the Adirondacks
(when my dad looked at the photos, he said, "I presume you took these from the car"....ahhhhhh... yeah....)

and end up here.....

Sugarbaby and I had been talking about this weekend ever since I sent away for the tickets in May!!! And here we were, just a few feet from the ice (section 8, row A) at the Stars on Ice opening night in Lake Placid!!!!!

Sugarbaby was so excited, she kept asking me to pinch her!!!!
Scott Hamilton was the emcee!!!!! How can you not love him!?This performance will be aired on NBC on January 4th for you all to enjoy too!

We really enjoyed all the group performances..
the choreography was just amaaaaaazing!!!
and the costumes were wonderful!!!!
The men did a couple of numbers...
and if you weren't all ready in lust with John Zimmerman before the performance, it was hard not to be after!!! (Sugarbaby said, "Mom, you are a married woman!")
Sugarbaby's fave figure skater is Sasha Cohen. She was absolutely beautiful up close and sooooo graceful on the ice!!!!
And, when you watch this on television next month, if you hear someone yell, "Sasha.... I love you!!!!!" (at least a couple of times!), you will have heard my Sugarbaby!!!


She had actually brought a sign with her with Sasha's name but it was taken from her as we entered the arena and told that they would make sure to get it to Sasha. I felt sad for Sugarbaby.

Other skaters included the beautiful Jennifer Robinson...
Michael Weiss...(whose kids called out to him... so cute!)

Yuka Sato....
Todd Eldredge. with the most incredible spins (here with Jennifer Robinson)...
Xue Shen & Hongbo Zhao...
And without individual photos... Jeffrey Buttle and Ilia Kulik

I have more photos of our trip in my flickr album too!
Stars on Ice Moments

Of course, we made time for the pool and hot tub too....

So now, it is back to the drawing board, or at least the sewing room!!
This is a block made for a quilt guild raffle quilt...

and yet another holiday project....
needlepunch ornament
Lots of parties coming up! Teenager has a new job, more landlording to do (working on an acquisition) and life in general!

Have a good week! (and I am still trying to catch up on my blog reading too!)


13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful trip to take! The remark about sugarbaby asking you to pinch her made me all misty-eyed! How absolutely incredible to be able to do something like that for -and with- your daugther! It's something she will remember for the rest of her life! Fantastic! And you were there with her. Aaaaww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds and looks like you had a wonderful time! Your pictures are beautiful, too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lisa! I just love popping into your blog, I feel like I am there sitting on the next seat with you and Sugar Baby watching and ohhh and ahhing. :) Great picts and great post as always! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a wild guess - you liked the ice-skating?? lol!! It looks like a lot of fun! I LOVE the punch needle snowman. I really should dig out my punch needle supplies and do some. Once again, you're my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pics Lisa, it's amazing what is on our own doorsteps that we never really notice isn't it. Looks like a great time was had by the pair of you ..
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. uh oh! I forgot about the block for the quilt raffle!! thanks for reminding me. The show looked like fun! Cute needle punch too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa, just checking in with you and WOW love all the pictures!!!! And I love the house block in your blog! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW..what a wonderful fun time. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fabulous show! i feel like i've been there. thanks for sharing. i bet your daughter was in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lisa, It sounds like a fine time was had by mom and daughter. How great you guys could do this together. I love your snowman needlepunch ornament. Was it hard to do? I have always wanted to learn needlepunch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had an amazing time!! What a special Mother/daughter outing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your blog. You have good views, Keep up the good informative info. I am almost brand new to blogging and really like your post, it is really on target Thanks for all of your time & work

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great article….!!!Nice to know about new things I really enjoyed reading your blog. You have good views, Keep up the good informative info. Thanks for all of your time & work

    ReplyDelete