Friday, November 28, 2008

Random ramblings....

I can't believe that Thanksgiving has all ready come and gone!!!

We had a quiet day with Mr. U's family, enjoying good company and food .....Did you know that the U family has very eclectic food preferences?! Well, we do!

The Teenager is a carnivore...
(who keeps her cell phone nearby at all times, including meals!)..

I am the vegetarian...
(hey I just realized that I could have eaten my meal without teeth!)

and Nature Boy...
he is strictly a carbivore!!! He said he lost count after 6!!!!

I did a really good job of tasting much but not overindulging.... only sampling the dutch apple and pumpkin pies that I baked.

We played with the cute kitty (the friendliest of the four)...
(and then we all go home and change our clothing since Mr. U is allergic to cats!)

and I did some punch needle (another project!) while we chatted after the meal. This is a bag that I made for my MIL a few Christmases ago...
she stores all her knitting in it.

And today is (or was) Black Friday and yup.... it is black, all right!

Now, you all may wonder why I am up and out on Black Friday... but you all know that I am up early every morning!!!! I really wanted to go to the gym but since our location was closed today, I made my way up the road to the other gym location....
Usually, when I am up at this time, I am the only one on the road! But not today...
The store parking lots were filled to capacity, spilling out into other parking lots...
but nobody seemed to be at the grocery store at that time, oddly enough...

and disappointingly, no one was at the gym either (like they were supposed to!), so I returned home without working out...
and it was still black!!!

Some of you may have noticed that I have not been blogging regularly and I feel badly that I have not kept up with all your blogs of late either!

Well, life has been crazy and messy....
projects in the sewing room... in the house.....
in the skating rink... in the apartment building....
Even my clothing (my bathrobe specifically- hey, I like to sew in my pajamas!) have gotten messy!
But I have accomplished a lot!!!
I have to make more of these....

The pile of finished goods is getting bigger every day!

Last night, Nature Boy got frustrated with a project he was trying out on my old sewing machine, so he took up embroidery...
and Sugarbaby joined in the fun....
Today, I have been busily working on a block for quilt guild....
A Carol Doak block, representing the state of Missouri,
which will be joined by all the others and put together for a raffle quilt.

And the process of cleaning up my act has begun at home...
Lastly, just in case this post isn't all ready long and dragging, today Sugarbaby and I went to my favorite local quilt shop located in an old shirt factory turned haven for artisans....
in this old building (I like old buildings almost as much as I like old houses!)
Sugarbaby convinced me to go exploring with her up the stairs....
down the wonderfully long hallways...

along beautiful wood floors...
past uniquely shaped windows,
and past bulletin boards where Sugarbaby is checking out a note advertising studio space....
So this weekend will find me either locked up in my sewing room churning out some more goodies...
(this is actually the old elevator in the shirt factory!)

headed to Lake Placid to enjoy some skating, or eating with quiltie friends,
but next week, I plan to be back in the game (and maybe less likely to ramble on)!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post...and I love the fact that you put so many photos in your posts. I am still SO slow at this blogging thing......need to figure out how to get good backgrounds on mine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you ....I love old houses (I am lucky I get to live in one)...and old buildings ...what great pics of the inside of that wonderful building..thanks for sharing....I have been laid low with some virus .... so even tho I am at home ...I don't feel like doing anything but sleeping...grrrrrrrrr! How very annoying...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that building! I love old houses and buildings too. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been so busy! Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging. LOL! I think most of us are a little more busy these days than we usually are :)
    Before we know it it'll be January and we'll have much more time to blog and sew :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Black Friday before, interesting, we had Black Thursday this week but only because we had a power cut!!. You have been busy , lots of crafting going on in your house.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks like you had a great thanksgiving. i'm so behind too...this bad neck and shoulder has put me in the weeds as they say. i hope to be back in production mode next week too. (and back to working out too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh WOW...you HAVE been productive...I'm so impressed AND JEALOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa! I too am finding it hard to get back into the swing of things. I hope you are OK. What was it that Nature Boy was eating was it parogen?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will be sure to watch this. Loved all your photos. Ice skating is fun to watch. Good for you! That old building reminds me so much of the empty factories in my home town of Reading Pennsylvania. Kind of a dilapidated old city now. But when I was growing up it was good and it was home.

    ReplyDelete