Monday, September 15, 2008

Here... and there...and here... and there... and...

A weird weekend flitting from one obligation to another...


I started my weekend with refreshments for our quilt guild in our new location. I got there early to set up, not knowing how it would go but all went well..

and lots of food at a guild meeting means that it went even well-er (see! even I am talking weird!) But there was no storage yet for the refreshments stash, so my car still smells like coffee!!

Our quilt guild has a biannual quilt show and it is coming up in June, 2009. This is the raffle quilt...
If you live in upstate NY or even if you don't, come see us! We put on a great show!!

But guess what?! I have a new job!!!! I will be coordinating a challenge that was set up to honor the memory of a late guild member who loved log cabin blocks!


You wouldn't happen to know anyone else who loves log cabins????





After that job was done, we headed to another one. Walk to Cure Diabetes was Sunday morning in the sticky, buggy weather...
And if I hadn't done enough volunteering yet this weekend, Sugarbaby and I canvased the neighborhood, selling chocolate for one of her figure skating clubs!
And school fundraisers are coming out this week!!! ARGH! Wanna buy some wrapping paper?!

Even the sky was weird this morning.....
We had 80 degree weather and it was very windy at 5 AM today. Nature Boy thought that Sugarbaby was walking the hallways and banging around (which I suppose is possible) but it was the doors rattling in the breeze.


Just a lot of sticks, limbs, twigs to clean up...
DearFii says that she loves Mondays, and I do too! But only after I have a chance to clean up from the weekend.

This morning, while vacuuming up the kitchen floor, the family room floor, the.... I came upon a few of these...
Remember those darn test strips!? Well, often after Sugarbaby has tested her blood sugar, they have a way of migrating to all sorts of places!!! She even collected them for a while in empty glucose tab containers... and if they weren't tainted with a drop of her blood, I would surely figure out some way to incorporate them into a quilt!!! (At $1.00 a pop, I wish I could do something with them).


I did finally try out Bernie this weekend and she is just humming along....
(oops this is sideways) but I can't show you the front until Beth sees it first! It is for the September swap with a heart theme.

And finally... I love this photo of my father, Bertram "Bert" (the little one, third from left) with his brother, Earl, brother, Leon, and father, Harry, on the way to the beach in Midland, Ontario.

They were each 1 1/2 years apart, all accomplished individuals (Leon, a physician, and Earl and Bert both physicists), and my dad has always kept in close touch with them (he also has a sister in CA that is 10 years younger).


My father has lost both his brothers this year (Leon in early February and Earl, this weekend)... so I am thinking of him and sending him all my love!!!! and to the rest of my family as well!!!

6 comments:

  1. You had quite a weekend. I love the pic of your dad and his brothers. Those are things that are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! It does look like you had an awesome weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the new header and all your wonky cabins. Sorry to your Dad and family. Here's to a productive quiltey week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your new header, its a big un... Commiserations to your family.
    Good luck with your log cabins and all your selling
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great picture of your dad and his brothers!

    Once again you had a busy week...I love that raffle quilt. Mmmm...yummi colors!

    The new header is wonderful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lisa I am sorry that I haven't been around this week! I am so sorry for your loss! Your Daddy must be feeling his mortality right now. What a lot of very smart & driven men (I bet their mother did some nagging!!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete