Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday.... a summer day in the life....

..of an early rising, exercising, crafting, sewing, mommy-ing blogaholic...

Morning comes early for me... after some coffee and interneting, I head to the gym! Boy is it chilly this August morning!!! (And yes, that says 5:39 AM!!)

I am usually one of the first to arrive at the gym... today, it is me and the attendant.
Beautiful moon above...
gorgeous sunrise..
This is my set up... cell phone (for kid emergencies) and IPod in the middle, water bottle to the right, towel (and oddly, today, camera) to the left.

About 50 minutes (and 5 miles) later....
the sky is lighter but the moon is still there...and it looks like a great day!
Shower, eat some brekkie, wake up Sloppy (have been on her to go to bed earlier and get up early...after the late night fiasco, we need to practice for school!), and time for sewing....

before we head about 20 minutes south for an hour figure skating session (Teenager rides her bike to work, Nature Boy is on his way home from a friend's new home in Massachusetts)...
Sloppy is learning a new program...
I stopped at a craft store and picked up some gel medium. I saw something in a book that I want to try soon...
Early in the afternoon, we have some business to attend to in the middle school...view from the school parking lot...

and home again...
so I can listen to Sloppy and Nature Boy argue (UGH). School starts in 15 days (and yes, I am counting!!!)

Nature Boy spies a garter snake (?) but it disappears ...


and then I head back to my sewing room where I am still working on my new project....
While making dinner, a package arrives for me!!! Seems a little heavy to be my DQS4 swap or my cupcake swap goodies (which I am anxiously awaiting)...
it is the book I ordered last week from Alibris...

and now, I know what I am doing with all my dotty fabrics!!!!!

This one is so great!!!!!

After some dinner chatting and clean up, I head back once again to rip out the paper (now I know why I usually use freezer paper paper piecing!)





Top is done!!!!

And now you know why I can get up so early....

I usually get into bed before 9 PM and read for a bit before I enter Dream Land...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

8 comments:

  1. Isn't that fish quilt clever? Oh someone will love that. I love paper piecing, so precise! Looks like you just bought a nice book. Don't you love mail?? Thanks for the email earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a productive day but I just couldn't be up and out that early. I can't go to sleep without reading a bit first. What is Gel medium?
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fish! Reminds me that I should try to make something for my husband one of these days....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fish!! So clever!
    I'm usually up before 5AM too, but only because my children wake up. LOL!
    I'm so impressed you go to the gym that early!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fish quilt! I couldn't get up that early even if I went to bed at 9. My kiddos start school Tuesday WOOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the opposite of you, I go to bed after midnight and I wake late in the morning. Funny, I've been thinking I need gel medium too, but I'm not sure of the project I planned to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are my new role model! Getting up super early to workout and getting ALL OF THAT done in a day! The fish quilt is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love reading about your quilts and especially the Adirondacks. We are so lucky to be living in such a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete