Monday, July 28, 2008

I think I am hungover!!!!

As I wrapped up another project that had a deadline (okay, actually the fact that the baby was born would probably qualify as the deadline!).... I looked around my sewing room and it felt a little (okay maybe a lot) like (and even looked like) having a hangover (not that I can say from personal experience.... all right ... not at least since college and that was a looooong time ago!).

I mean there was stuff all over the floor (I usually just clear- and I mean clear- off the sewing table so I have room to quilt)...
bits of fabric... rulers... pieces of thread...even my serger, Jenny...
and I couldn't even cut a piece of fabric on my cutting table now if I tried!!!!
But the product was worth it.... "Zigging While Everyone is Zagging" (can you tell why I called it that?!) is for our new nephew/cousin....

with a red (dh's suggestion) polka dot (gotta love dots!) binding....
and the back....
I put a photo of our family on the back.... Aaro lives in NYC about 3 1/2 hrs south of us and so he will have time to acquaint himself with our faces before he meets us... maybe 'Upstatelisa' will be his first word!

Back to my sewing room.. I cleaned a little (!) and on to finish up the next project (with a deadline)...
a sneak peek at my cupcake swap project. Can't show it all just in case Brigette is peeking!

And this seems to be my newest occupation....
so...if you have any tips....
like how to sew while driving.... let me know!!!! It feels like I spent more time on my butt in the car today, than at my sewing machine!!!! "When can you pick me up?"..."Can you drop me off at the mall?"

Sitemeter keeps track of who visits my blog... not your names but, at least, the places that you call home!!! Wish more of you would say hello.... but when you do, sometimes I can't respond to your comments because you have the "no reply blogger" comment set. Chookyblue has a great set of tutorials on using blogger and this tute for changing your setting when you comment on everyone's blogs. Check it out!