Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Colorful Weekend....

Well.... Bernie (my Bernina) has gone in to the 'shop' to check on his hiccup so, I have been using FiFi my featherweight and she has been humming along this weekend!
Doesn't she have beautiful scrollwork????
And Ohmigosh....my weekend has been filled with vivid color!

I am addicted to making these scrap log cabins for the challenge which whip up really quickly with freezer paper paper piecing...
It is getting harder to get all of them into a good photo, so I took some closer views...
I initially started putting random colored strips together but have been more inclined this weekend to create patterns...
This block is just dotty!
I loooove this combination of blues and greens...
Each side here has an assigned color...
Great combination of black and red with a little bit of white!
Hey! Even my floor is colorful! And here is a sneak peek at my mini quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap.....Yesterday, Sloppy, Marvin and I tried our hands at shaving cream marble printing on paper...
what great combinations of color were revealed...
I know that I have to try this on fabric some time soon...
Marvin's patriotic print!

While Sloppy and I hung out at the town pool and watched some wonderful fireworks at the nearby lake (Teenager with Lots of Stuff is with a friend RVing), the men in the family spent July 4th on Tongue Mountain hunting for timber rattlesnakes but alas, all they could find were some garter snakes...
and a humungous toad!!!!!I let them take my beloved camera with them and they didn't disappoint!!!! The colors and the views are unbelievable!!!!
The sunset was spectacular from their vantage point!Aren't these colors awesome!?






I hope everyone has a really colorful week!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Pretty sky photos. I like those blue and green blocks. :) Looks like fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello!! What wonderful sunset photos. I was looking through flickr and noticed that you use a Canon camera. I'm so excited because I'm getting the same camera for my birthday! (from moi, because I always buy the best presents ever!:D ) How do you like your camera? I see you take really nice pictures with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous sky pix! you were right to trust them with your baby. what do they do with the snakes?? love your log cabins, such fun colors. what are you going to do with them all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous sunset pics - I like snakes
    lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa the blue and green in that block is terrific! Looking forward to seeing more of your Doll Quilt! And I still can't quite get my head around anyone actually trying to find a snake!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the block where you assigned a color to each side. all your blocks are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow beautiful pics! Love the quilt and all the colors. Its so vivid and lovely. Isn't it nice to have a back-up machine. After years of taking my bernina 1530 in over and over, they finally fixed the speed problem!!! YAYYY.. It works so well now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm having serious scrappy challenge envy...I need to get back to my scraps. I do my best to avoid those rattlers...can't believe anyone would WANT to find them. Yikes@

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the pics...can only say yum...great colors, fabric, sunset...yum.

    ReplyDelete