Monday, June 9, 2008

It's a Scorcher...

ooooooooooeeeeeeeee! It is hot out there! and it is not even officially summer!!! 100 degrees in the shade, my dad would say.

It is only almost 90 degrees but the kids are back in school today and while our schools may be equipped to keep them warm on those coooooold winters of upstate NY, hot weather is another idea entirely!!! No A/C for them! OY!

I bought this book recently...
and am thinking that this shirt might be nice to make and wear real soon...

In my mail, after I returned, was the Australian Homespun I ordered from Erica's (they have a good selection of magazines) some time ago!!
Isn't this cute?

I can see it done in really bright fabrics!!! BTW, it is a big one... 42 inches square!

I love Natalie's patterns...

and this doll by Jhoanna is cute too!

And so, a little more from our road trip! I love the look of all kinds of buildings. When I was a teenager, I liked to look through Architectural Digest.

This one was originally constructed to house the United Steel Workers, I believe... cool building...
but now it holds offices of a huge health empire, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center...'M' must be on special order!!!!

This building is cool ....
but the reflection in the windows is even cooler!!!!

I took a photo of this one...
because I think it is one of the skinniest buildings I have ever seen!

This one is extremely fancy and tall...
it is also where all your health care premiums are going... smaller building, smaller premiums???? It says, 'HighMark' (as in Blue Cross, Blue Shield, I believe) just in case it is hard to read.
This is the United Steelworkers building now...
neat patterns!!!

And this one reminds me of a diner....or a train... or something other than a tall building!!!

Listening to books on CD while on loooong trips is a good idea.
I listened to this one...

and I haven't screamed since!!!

Well...... but it is a really good book with some very good ideas that I have all ready tried out.

Wondermommy is having a giveaway!! check it out!

Okay, it is really too hot by the computer! so now I am off to hem some pajama shorts by the hot iron... go figure!!!

Stay cool!!!!

5 comments:

  1. That "I Have Nothing to Wear" quilt is ADORABLE!!!! I would love to make that one!

    Feeling your pain over the heat -- we lost power for two days last week, so we had no A/C in the 90's, and it is no fun at all. Hope it cools off for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for mentioning the giveaway! I'll make sure you get your entries! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you stay cool (I am sitting next to a heater with a hot cup of tea)! Your sewing book looks lovely - I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could use some time with the book scream free parenting. :)

    your photos of the architecture are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great buildings! It is freezing here (mind you not nearly as cold as you guys get but too cold for my liking!). Pleased you had a good trip ... that book (or is it a CD or DVD) LOOKS GOOD! ... I DON"T KNOW IF IT COULD STOP ME SCREEMING THOUGH!!!!! :) Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete