Friday, February 29, 2008

Calgon, take me away... all ready!!!!!

I am thinking if I can't find some Calgon, I might try becoming a bear and hibernating until spring really comes (if ever). We had a record low temperature last night (-18 degrees fahrenheit = -28 degrees celsius). Our kind thermometer (tends to be a few degrees higher than it really is) reported this at about 7:15 AM! I took this photo the other morning after about 8 inches of the white stuff fell on Tuesday night. If that isn't enough, we are expecting another 6-10 inches tonight.
I am leaving!

I have been really flitting from project to project lately, without any real focus. Nothing is getting completed. Frustrating. It isn't like I am not busy. We are preparing for our annual week long Scholastic Book Fair at the elementary school (I am the co-chair). I have been busy with our apartment (my other life is as a landlord of a 6 unit building). But when I have free time to craft, I am not sure where to start.

I have been punching along and am getting there with my first punchneedle project. I have erred a couple of times on the color placement but it still looks pretty good.

Just so I don't have enough projects going, I have wanted to make this shirt for awhile. I cut the pattern out in muslin yesterday so I can practice and then see how it fits before I do the real thing.

I bought this fabric from J Caroline Creative to use for the shirt.
It must be time to try to refocus. Just can't figure out where to start!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm excited about meeting someone new. While taking a quick peek at your creations this morning, I kept saying to myself,
    "Oh wow.... oh wow." I will be back soon. Keep warm!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    I'm right with ya! Must be this long, long, winter! I don't know, things just seem to be going around in circles!?!?!?
    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh I luv that pattern .... cant wait to see it made up.... and the fabric is gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm glad someone is making up that pattern--I soooo want to see what it comes out like. I like your fabric, too! And your little needlepunch is so cute--I'll bet you can't wait until you can wear flip flops again, eh? Stay warm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. arrggghh Book fair - goodluck . we have ours in April.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I didn't recognize it! I remember now--it's the "Built by Wendy" pattern! I've been eying this one forever--no wonder I liked it when I saw you wearing it! It really came out cute!!

    ReplyDelete