Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Every time I look at the hexagonal kaleidoscopes, I think of this song! Don't know why.

The Elvis quilt is dedicated to my youngest child and all other children (and adults too!) who handle the daily trials and tribulations of type 1 diabetes with such grace. So, I thought it was only fitting that I include a hexagonal creation of my own; my youngest, in a Hawaiian shirt, strumming on dad's guitar (with a blue background too!). It took some time to get the photography just right (I am no pro!). I have appliqued this ditty onto the back of the quilt. Almost done. Still hand stitching the binding and sleeve.
Then, I will add a label. I will post a completed set of photos within the next day or so. Stay tuned.......


My name is upstatelisa and I am a blogaholic. I am always finding new blogs to read. Kalin at Bare Maked posted a Crafty Pay it Forward which I decided to comment on so...Being one of the first three people to comment, I am now making my own "Pay it forward". What you need to do is be one of the first three people to post here on my blog. Then make a similar pay-it-forward post on your blog. What you get in return is a crafty goodie from me. Free. In the mail.

2 comments:

  1. I am a new blogger, a new quilter and an "0ld" friend of your mother-in law's. Please, explain the 'pay-it-forward' comments.

    Love the Elvis quilt. I can barely follow a pattern and then I see your work! WOW! What a lucky daughter you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend of my MIL's! Thanks for visiting my blog! The Pay-it-forward is a 'game' for lack of a better word. You comment on someone's blog who has initiated the 'game' and then (she will reward you with some crafty item of theirs. Then, you post the info on your blog and send goodies to those who respond to your invitation. Does that make sense?
    Thanks for the compliments on my quilt!

    ReplyDelete