Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Freezing to death...

or almost!

In my previous post, I was coming back from the (almost) dead and now.... 

I am freezing to death!!!

What were my ancestors thinking when they settled in North America?!!! 


(These are my paternal great-grandparents in Toronto) 

You would think that growing up in Canada (Ottawa, to be exact) 
would make it easy to tolerate winter...

This is Mom, sister and I in front of our house...


(just kidding... we are in a glacier in France!)

There used to be a time when I actually enjoyed winter!

This IS really the house I grew up in...


We spent time ice skating on the Rideau Canal, making snow houses in our front yard
and tobogganing (as we called it!) down big hills!


 (I am in the red jacket... my awkward early teens!)

 But then, I grew up!

Sure it is pretty...



But it is no longer fun...
it is just COLD! 

 (yes that says -9 degrees Fahrenheit!)

and winter in upstate NY (where I hang my coat these days)
is very, very, very, very long!!!!

So I am trying to pass the time sewing...


knitting...


and watching the grim reaper wrapped in a flannel quilt eating Italian ice!


Stay warm!!!

3 comments:

  1. Fun post! Your Ottawa photos are familiar, even the house is similar to the one I lived in! We probably tobogganed down the same slopes. Wish I could send you some warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather here in NE OHIO has been cold too, but at least that keeps the snow at bay. It was in the low 20's when I got home for work so I went for a walk, yes, outside. The streets have been plowed from the snow fall earlier in the week, so once I got moving the only part of me that was a bit cold was my hands. Winter is hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post tickled my funny bone! Yup I hear you about the COLD! Just finished digging myself out of 40 centimeters of snow that fell in a day and a half. Had to move it with the toboggan! LOL!

    ReplyDelete