Tuesday, August 9, 2011

THWUMP!!!!!

Did you hear that?!!!!

That is the sound of me hitting a wall!!!
THWUMP!!!

Between the muggy weather, the evils of perimenopause 
and a brief proverbial crash into the creative wall....

it has been a little quiet in the studio lately.

Still, somehow, over the past few days,
in between sleeplessness, a stint of moodiness, 
and even
reading through the kids' homeschool books (yes! school is back in session!)

I have managed to carve a new stamp...

new rubber stamp I carved

play with my new calligraphy pen...

trying out calligraphy
(oh how I want to write beautifully!!!)

and dabble 

watercolors pen doodle


my first try at watercolors!

inspired by Lori...

tweet...  my second try at watercolors

Did you hear that?!
Neither did I...

Me on the floor
but it should be the sound of my butt lifting off the floor
so I can create again!!!

5 comments:

  1. love the watercolors!! understand the perimenoupause thing... your doing great getting thru it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!! Love the stamp and your watercolours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stamp is very cool! Hooray for being creative :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the watercolors and the stamp, understand the perimenopause going through it myself and I'll leave out the adjectives that aptly describe it. Just a little dab here and there will have you back on the road in no time!

    ReplyDelete