Thursday, July 28, 2011

Reality Check....

That was then....


A relatively clean sewing room

This is NOW.....

the scrap boxes have exploded!

Ummm.... yeah...
creativity is not pretty!!!!

the scrap boxes have exploded!

I am still working on my secret challenge #2 ...

challenge #2

and it takes a few (okay! many) fabric scraps....

challenge #2

and no surface is immune to my "spread"....

even the ironing board is not immune to my spread
(yes! that is a used bowl and fork on my ironing board!!!)

and just so you don't think I mess exclusively in fabric...
my journaling 'corner' of the table is getting squeezed!

my journaling area can get a little (hehe) disorderly!
Luckily, it is confined to a small area of the left end of my sewing table!

In the wise words of "Unknown"...

Me on the floor

A creative mess is better than tidy idleness.

(Day #28 of  "30 Days of Get Your Art On"!)

5 comments:

  1. I made a sign for my mom that says "creativity in progress, use yours and ignore the mess" maybe you need one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no - there is not much that's as beautiful as creativity in progress - it's right up there with sweet baby smiles and new puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just curious to see what creative result you will get with the Huggies! (giggle)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great things come from creative chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Great art studio space, I looked right past the "mess" right to all the art project possiblities ;-) and of course the bag of Huggies, what do you use them for? Lisa, anytime you want to travel to PA and go fabric shopping shoot me an email. I live in Lancaster, PA we love our quilts here plus we have a Quilt and Textile Museum http://quiltandtextilemuseum.com

    ReplyDelete