Sunday, October 24, 2010

Working 5 to 9

 Many (but probably not all of you are familiar with the movie and song "Working 9 to 5"
but somehow it popped in my head as I thought of what I might blog about today!

Well, I dance (and not very well I might add) to a slightly different tune....

Tumble outta bed
And I stumble to the kitchen
Up and ready to quilt!
(you know it, I am an early riser!)



Pour myself a cup of ambition
And yawn and stretch
And try to come to life

a cup of earl grey tea
(earl grey tea with almond milk)


Jump in the shower sewing room
And the blood starts pumpin'

in my pajamas
(I'm staying in my pajamas for awhile!)



Out on the street machine
The traffic  needle starts jumpin'

ready to continue quilting
(ready to finish the free motion quilting I started yesterday)


The folks like me on the job from 9  5 to 5 9

on your mark, get set, go!
(so... I keep odd hours!)

I am free motion quilting a pretty random hatch design
(which I think I dreamed up one night a while back)....

quilting

Got my mojo going...

getting there...

(listening to various podcasts as I quilt)

After about 2 1/2 hrs....

time for a break


it's time for a breakfast break with my favorite pumpkin bread....

my fave vegan pumpkin bread
(btw, cut the oil in half and substitute the missing half with applesauce)


By now... I have all the free motion quilting done...

quilting done, now to weave in threads


and I am weaving in all the threads....

weaving in threads


and then...

threads are almost all weaved in!

it is ready to be bound!!!!

quilting close up


but alas....


where is the binding I made????

where is the binding I made?!

in the midst of a project = no time for cleaning!

where is the binding I made?!

By 9:00 AM...

officially finished quilting!

I am sewing on binding!!!

putting the binding on


At home with my sewing utensils!

All in a (short) day's work!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go. Have you come across easy threading needles which make sewing in ends a breeze?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work! I love it! I can't wake up so early because I'm a late person. Normally I go to bed really late at night ( 2 o'clock in the morning :(

    I love your post!

    Lolo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quilting! And I am in awe of your ability to get up at that hour in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely work! Good job!
    I'm early riser too...and of course I know that song by Sheena Easton LOL ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see a picture of the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete