Sunday, October 3, 2010

I feel free!!!!

My mojo seems to have returned....

a creative mess!


and with it comes..
the creative mess!!!!!

a creative mess!


I have learned that a clean sewing/craft room can be stifling
but it also can be hindering...
So I am still looking for that balance!!!

This week...
spurred on by a weekend of productivity 
and some new books...

new books
(I love buying used books online... so cheap!)

I created (!!!)....

Some doodles and drawings in my moleskine journal...

some creating in my moleskine journal

a new spread in my art journal...

Hands

blocks for my growing black/white log cabins....

still building the black/white log cabins

a doll quilt for me (actually  just had to bind it)....

finished doll quilt for me!

and having volunteered to be in charge of our quilt guild block challenge
I cut 40 fat quarters, 80 fat eighths and 40 strips...

Cutting and pressing and folding
(and yes, since they put me in charge, I picked what I like!)

I seem to work backwards...
most people would pick a fabric, 
come up with a theme for the block challenge
and then add coordinating fabrics.

Not me!

I picked fabrics and now I have to come up with a theme!!

Any ideas????

In the meantime...

At home with my sewing utensils!

Creating sets me free!!!!