Sunday, October 3, 2010

I feel free!!!!

My mojo seems to have returned....

a creative mess!


and with it comes..
the creative mess!!!!!

a creative mess!


I have learned that a clean sewing/craft room can be stifling
but it also can be hindering...
So I am still looking for that balance!!!

This week...
spurred on by a weekend of productivity 
and some new books...

new books
(I love buying used books online... so cheap!)

I created (!!!)....

Some doodles and drawings in my moleskine journal...

some creating in my moleskine journal

a new spread in my art journal...

Hands

blocks for my growing black/white log cabins....

still building the black/white log cabins

a doll quilt for me (actually  just had to bind it)....

finished doll quilt for me!

and having volunteered to be in charge of our quilt guild block challenge
I cut 40 fat quarters, 80 fat eighths and 40 strips...

Cutting and pressing and folding
(and yes, since they put me in charge, I picked what I like!)

I seem to work backwards...
most people would pick a fabric, 
come up with a theme for the block challenge
and then add coordinating fabrics.

Not me!

I picked fabrics and now I have to come up with a theme!!

Any ideas????

In the meantime...

At home with my sewing utensils!

Creating sets me free!!!!

9 comments:

  1. black and white and red all over

    http://aelisheva.wordpress.com/2008/04/30/beograd-whiteblackred/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, how about "night on the town" (the black and white is making me think TUXEDO). you could do bow-tie blocks or stars or applique a dress...

    just a thought ;)

    PS love your doll quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's black and white and red all over?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a few of us are thinking the same thoughts....I was thinking your theme could be "The News...Read All About It"....and that is because the fabrics made me think of just what the others said..."What's black and white and RED/read all over?"....the newspaper, of course! I also was thinking penguins with all that black and white....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! that is productive!!
    WAY TO GO!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the night on the town idea.
    You never lost your mojo. Just had one of those creative blocks...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You didn't lose your mojo...it was regrouping to burst forth again! I love your creative "mess"...if youhave everything put away neatly...how will you know what you have to work with in an instant?

    ReplyDelete
  8. yayy, good for you, and yes, creativity is so good for our souls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lisa,

    LOVE the journal work!! I have the journal spilling book too and have been playing. Your journal work is so inspiring!! I'm thinking I want to see some of those same pieces in fiber art!!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete