Sunday, April 18, 2010

My name is Lisa.........


(well, Upstatelisa to you!)

....and I am a fabriholic!!!!

I took this photo on Friday for my weekly self portrait on our flickr group
cuddling with some of my polka dots...

SPF #16, 4/16/10; hangin' with my polka dots


Well, after the high of a wonderful vacation which spurred a week of creativity,
I started feeling the post-vacation blues setting in.

And I decided that my sewing room was cramping my style, so to speak,

It was time for the dirty deed!!!

Spring cleaning!!!!!!!

Between chauffeuring Nature Boy to and from his Tae Kwon Do test,
taking Teenager to and from work a couple times,
and having a couple of extra kids around this weekend,

it gradually got done!!!

This was midday today....

the dirty deed... cleaning my sewing room...

(pretty nasty, huh?)

but the  mission was accomplished...


clean sewing room floor!

And yes....

 my name is Lisa

and I AM a fabriholic!!!!

My name is Lisa and I am a fabriholic!

so now, I can get back to the business of playing with fabric...

a clean sewing room!

instead of organizing it!!!!

I did manage to work on my dotty dresden plates....

with centers!

and to change it up a bit,
I worked on my scrappy log cabins....

7 scrappy log cabins I made today

which brings the total up to 112!!


I now have 112..


(still planning to make more... enough for a king size quilt!)


SPF #11, 3/12/10: Sitting in my 'haven' got any fabric?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Lisa.....it looks great. I hope you can keep it like that for awhile.

    Love all the log cabin blocks too! It will make a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sewing room looks great again; now you can go mess it up all over again!

    I like your approach to creating the scrappy log cabins. If I don't resolve to do a few at a time (even alongside other projects), I'll never get a quilt's worth done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, oh yes...

    My name is Laurel. And I am a fabriholic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you come to my house and straighten up my studio? Please, pretty please? I was working on my Millennium quilt and there was so much other stuff on my sewing table I just took it and dumped it on the floor in a corner. Where does it all come from?! Fabric - hey I bought 200 yards of African fabric in December and January. Why? - because it was beautiful, on sale and because I could!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you come visit me? I need someone to totally reorganize my fabric. Yes, I admit to the same disease. Your stuff looks so great! I'm having a bit of after vacation down this week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you might have a lot of fabric!You have them beautifully displayed.Love the dresden plates,that is my favorite block, I have yet to make a quilt with all dresden's, but am collecting yellow and blue fabrics to make one.I have made dresdens, but put them in round robins, sampler quilts and such.

    ReplyDelete