Saturday, December 5, 2009

That time of year....

Yup! It is definitely that time of year...again....

Sigh.....

The signs are undeniably there.....

Sigh.....

Today, Sugarbaby and I, along with her friends from her Girls on Track homeschooling group,  ran in our first race, a 5K Reindeer Run. And we finished!!! Sugarbaby finished in about 39:50. Just totally awesome! I ran a wee bit ahead but I was so busy looking at all the people that I didn't see my time. I do know it was under 32:00 since as I walked back to start looking for Sugarbaby, the clock was ticking at about 32 minutes and something.

And even though it doesn't officially arrive for a few more weeks, the signs are even more obvious...

Winter is here!!!!

Sigh.....

And you all know what winter means, don't you?!!!!

Around here, it means...........

Stewarts peppermint stick ice cream

Stewarts Peppermint Stick ice cream!!!!! Mr. U lives for December when Stewarts has this special ice cream in their freezers. But grab it quick!!! It is gone before Christmas!!!!

And yeah, of course, winter means.....snow, too!!!!

Sigh.....

The kids were all excited when the first few flakes starting falling this afternoon.

Nature Boy made his first snowball...
the first snowball!

and it has begun to accumulate a bit...

snow on the evergreens

but have no fear!!! It will melt before we are stuck with it through the winter months!!!!

Sigh.....

These trees, however, are snowless....

My tree quilt so far...

Working on my wonky tree quilt and planning to add wonky geese to the outer border...

On my wall.. adding wonky flying geese

Always good to have more than one project, more than one craft going at the same time. Happens a lot around this time of year!!!!


my latest knitting project

Sigh.....

12 comments:

  1. The Wonky Trees quilt looks fabulous. I'm still hoping for a tut on making those because, you know, I have nothing else to do before Christmas (insert insane laughter here). Oh, maybe in the new year then...

    We're in the midst of a snow storm. I can mail some of it to your kids, if you want. We have plenty!

    What's the knitting project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peppermint ice cream is my fave! But I don't think that we have that brand out here. Love the tree quilt with the wonky geese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandma also LOVES peppermint ice cream! She stocks up this time of year and saves it for as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the wonky trees! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those wonky trees are great. good all year quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect border for the wonky tree quilt -- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the race. That peppermint ice cream looks delish. I need to look for that around here, but don't think it is available. Love your wonky tree quilt and think the geese will be great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG - you just reminded me, i need to check & see if Bailey's Irish Cream ice cream is being offered for sale again & then I need to get "some."

    Or maybe I could buy vanilla ice cream & douse it in Bailey's Irish Cream!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome tree quilt!! dying to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mom makes a really good punch with that ice cream.

    ReplyDelete