Saturday, November 28, 2009

Seeing the forest for the trees....


Well, November is almost gone and the holiday season is fast approaching...

Luckily, it still looks like fall around the foothills of the Adirondacks...

Late fall sun on Glen Lake
since I am in no rush for winter to arrive!!! I am perfectly happy to wait for the snow!

This year, however, it seems that I am waaaaaaaay behind on my holiday gift making and even the bit of shopping that I do have to do! In fact, I have done almost nothing!!!!

Life has taken off in new directions and my time for sewing and shopping, (blogging and twittering too!) has been greatly diminished!

That doesn't mean that I haven't done anything, though!

Luckily, there are no teachers' gifts or school nurse gifts to make this year (cuz now I am the teacher and the nurse... and the cafeteria lady, custodian, principal....)!

Last weekend, I whipped up something for tomorrow night's holiday outing with my friendship group, "Sew Together!"

just a peek at the tablerunner
(but I can't show it all... in case, someone takes a peek before hand!)

I have knit a couple of caps for someone who may need these soon...

two knitted caps

...and used the rest of a ball to make a smaller cap for Sugarbaby...

I made a small cap with leftover yarn

Then I moved on to another project, which oddly enough is not for the holidays, and this is what happened....                                      
sewing room explosion
                          
...my sewing room exploded!!!

things have spilled onto the floor...

...all over the place....

no room to cut on my cutting table!

.... this seems to happen often, doesn't it?

scraps in use and everywhere

Sometimes, it is hard to see the forest for the trees...

free pieced trees



But I see the trees (wonky as they may be) ...

More trees!

and I know the that the forest is out there! I know that my homemade gifts will get done and all will be well in my world!

Life is good!

Yup, that's me!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like the garbage bag fairy might be visiting the studio soon. (love the trees)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hats and the wonky trees are so cute. Do I see a tutorial in your future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha the garbage bag fairy. She's funny. Looks like you might be making teacher, cafeteria lady, nurse etc gift anways. Assuming the wonderful trees are for you? I'm behind on holiday stuff too. But I am slightly confident that it will all get done. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cap looks SO cute on your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there anything you don't do??? And do it so well???? Love the hats and the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your new projects, especially the wonky trees. I'm still working on stuff for the school craft sale and it really does look like something exploded in my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa! I love your autumn picture, your hats, your wonky trees and most of all, I love your messy sewing room and the fact that you haven't done much holiday sewing yet! (makes me feel better!) haha

    finished the monkey quilt and its SOOO cute! Next on to the "Mockingbird Forge" baby quilt... Happy holiday sewing!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. These trees are wonderful - you´ve made a perfect combination of these green trees and the white and black background!
    Can´t wait to see the finished project:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete