Tuesday, August 4, 2009

On the BAT-tlefront....

what can I say?

We do!!! and we can't seem to get rid of him or them!!!

Early this morning, while Mr. U went out to the kitchen to make coffee (early morning workouts, be it at the gym or on the mountain cannot ....I repeat... cannot be done without caffeine!), he met up with Frank (or perhaps one of his drinking buddies!) in the family room.

At this time of the morning, eyes are still bleary with sleep, the house is quiet with little U's sleeping, and it's dark. In an effort to avoid meeting Frank face-to-face, Mr. U ducked.

As I emerged from the bathroom (early morning tooth brush ritual), Mr. U walked in... hand to face....

and when he lowered his hand....

....Well, picture this......... Friday the Thirteenth....

.....okay..... maybe not that bad! but there was blood spewing from some new opening(s) in his face!!! Eventually, it was established that when he ducked, he hit the area just above the eye on the very hard wood of a very large chair in our family room.

the chair in question...
I managed to show Frank to the front door (mind you, he doesn't take a hint well!) while Mr. U recovered.

Mr. U is now the 'proud' owner of a black eye and a couple of stitches.

By the way, after my last post, I had several readers ask why I had no photos of Frank. Well, I must tell you that while I had holed myself up in my sewing room formulating my next move, taking a photo was first and foremost in my mind (really!) but unfortunately, I had left my camera and Iphone on the kitchen counter and by the time I got my wits together (and my desk-calendar-turned-shield) to move out, Frank was hard to capture on film or in a net!

In other, less significant goings-on at the U homestead....

Yesterday, I treated myself to a sewing class at a nearby quilt shop. I purchased the Heather Ross book but decided that I would never make anything in it (or, at least, not right away) unless I had someone show me what to do (It is so much easier to just set aside the time to just do it than to say you are going to .... someday...)

And so, Sugarbaby has a new top....

Mama sews a shirt for Sugarbaby

And to that, she added her own handmade skirt...

Sugarbaby sews a skirt

using some of my scraps...

Sugarbaby sews a skirt

While we were at the shop, we engaged in a little retail therapy....

some retail therapy....

and Sugarbaby had almost as much fun shopping there as I did. Can you guess who picked out what???

Well, all is clear on the BATtlefront today but who knows what tonight will bring! Until then, hoping for some sew and sun time!
IMG_0314and hoping the owls keep Frank outside where he belongs!!!

6 comments:

  1. YIkes! hope your hubby is ok! love the outfits you gals made. i really would like to learn clothes. i made them ages ago but never liked the results. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oouchy! Did you get to perform the repair to hubby's eye, sort of as a nursing duty? LOL!
    I'll have to find out if anyone on my end knows of any bat repel methods. Can't afford to have him hibernating in your fabrics. wouldn't that give you a start in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about hubby's battle scars and I hope Frank leaves and doesn't return!!! Cute top and skirt for Sugarbaby. She models them well, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had bats and in order to keep them from coming back and telling their friends, I wacked them with a badmitton racket so they would never come back. Yes, I know they are good for the enviorment (sorry, spelling this morning is just not happening)so you can say what you want, but you didn't have to live with them creeping you out. Once the roof was replaced - no more bats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that hubby is okay! Good luck on trying to find out where they're coming.

    Cute skirt, too. She has great eye - just like her mother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, frank has definitely worn out his welcome! cute top and the skirt is fab!

    ReplyDelete