Thursday, August 13, 2009

Feeling Blue!!!!

Well really... with a setting like this... how could anyone feel blue!???!!!!

pond in foreground, mountains in the background

But I was feeling blue this morning....

what a wonderful day!

Blueberry blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blueberries!

Yes, the U family headed out in the 'U mobile' this morning to pick blueberries!!!!

blueberries!

Did you know that blueberries are probably my most favorite food!?????

yeah, I love blueberries!

Well, they are!!!! (and I like them pop-in-your-mouth fresh by the handfuls! but I also like blueberry muffins, blueberry pie, blueberry jam.....)

blueberries!

I even paint my nails to match my food (well, not really, but it sounds good!)

seeing blue!

It was so much fun....

A truly blue day!

we picked almost 10 lbs of blueberries!!!!!!

almost 10 lbs!

Even my latest quilting project has taken on an air of blue as I have been using some of my blue (aka aqua) hand dyes ....

top of baby quilt done

And now, I will go drown my blue-ness in blueberry pie!

the blueberry pie is ready?

Have a good night!

IMG_0316

11 comments:

  1. frozen blueberries are the best! Love eating frozen ones in the summer. mmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked blueberries on Tuesday. At the grocery!! LOL

    Today I made a great blueberry sauce for ice cream or pancakes.
    3 cups blueberries crushed and mashed in blender
    add
    1/2 c sugar
    1 tsp cinnamon
    Blend all together. Put into 12 quart microwave safe bowl and nuke until it comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Remove from nuker and put into sterilized jar. Refrigerate. Will make a good jam or reheat for pancakes or ice cream. makes about 2 cups....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute post. Love the blue. Blue used to be my most unfavorite color except for blue jeans. Maybe that is because my mother-in-law plastered her house in baby blue? Perhaps. Anyway I have a blue appreciation now. And early in the morning the light is so beautiful on the start of a new day. Everything is beautiful. That sky reminds me of early morning light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE blueberries!
    I put them in ziploc bags and freeze them
    nothing better than frozen blueberries on these hot days!
    like eating m and m's! ok almost!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy cow, that's alot of blueberries. i like them in everything, however; i can't eat them fresh off the vine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo of your blue(berry) eyes.
    That pie looks deLISH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, does that pie look good! So do the fresh blueberries. Your quilt is yummy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make me hungry...for the blueberry pie and jealous...for the beautiful sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love blueberry time...on my cereal in the morning...a bowl with a little milk at night....heaven!

    ReplyDelete